Saturday, June 4, 2022

Psalm 16:5 - "Brighter Days"

Yesterday was an emotional day. Spending the day with friends was a joy. I had purchased trolley ride tickets for my Rickey and I to use the Monday after Thanksgiving but with him getting COVID we were unable to use them. They were non-refundable but with the circumstances as they were the company told me I could use them when he got better. Obviously that didn't happen and I had put off using them until yesterday when the opportunity came along. It was hard and the tears fell a few times as I thought about how that was something we were to do together. As we went by Forsyth Park I was reminded of the day I picked him up from the airport and we had a picnic there. When the dark clouds rolled in, I was reminded of that same day when we got caught in a downpour and we laughed so hard. I am thankful for such memories but they hurt. I have no regrets of my time with him but I do wonder if we would have had a future together as we talked about. I am reminded this morning of the song "Brighter Days"...

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days

I am so thankful for "Brighter Days" after going through the losses of Doc and my Rickey. I am thankful God knows what I need and provides. Laughter with friends, memories, music, etc. are all part of the process of healing from the loss of a loved one. The more i focus on God the more I receive His joy and peace in the midst of great hurt. He is always here for me and for that I am grateful. As I stood watching the sun set last night the memories flooded down upon me. This spot was where Doc loved for me to picked up a burger for lunch and drive him over to in his last few weeks. He couldn't eat much but he tried so hard to make things 'normal' for us. He would ask me to drive him over to this spot to see the sunset. He had me pick up ice cream before hand to enjoy as we sat and talked. It was the spot my Rickey and I watched the sunset a few times. It holds a lot of memories for me. I am grateful for each and every one of them. God took me to Psalm 16 this morning and stopped me at verse five to ponder upon. He definitely sustains me through the 'good' and the 'tough days'! He knows what will happen today and what will happen tomorrow. He knows what I need and provides. I am so grateful for all this knowledge. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for loving me through emotional days! Thank You for the memories You bring back to me! Thank You for days like yesterday with friends where new memories are made! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I pray for safety with travels and for all that is on today's schedule. May I not miss anything You have for me but instead stay focused on You. I pray for many going through difficult days to bask in the knowledge You are with them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; Owen and his family; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Janice and her family with the loss of her sister yesterday. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Thank You for Ken being released from the hospital and for continued protection over him and Elaine! Thank You for being My Sustainer! Amen.

No comments: