Tuesday, June 28, 2022

II Timothy 1:7; "Stand In Your Love"

Yesterday as I drove to Ben and Emily's the song "Stand In Your Love" came on the radio. I thought about how life has changed in so many ways over these last few years. If I allowed fear to be in control instead of God's love, I would miss out on so many blessings. At the airport when God told me to give the lady cleaning the bathroom '$10 for lunch money' I could have allowed fear to make me miss not only blessing her but me receiving a blessing in the act. If I would allow fear to tell me flying is too risky, I would miss out on visits with my family. Instead of allowing fear to be control over my life I choose God. 

When darkness tries to roll over my bones
When sorrow comes to steal the joy I own
When brokenness and pain is all I know
Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love

Yes! There have been many dark days throughout life but God has consistently been with me. He is my strength in times when the enemy tries to put fear over me. I am so grateful for the way He works in and through me. I am grateful for days like yesterday with getting to see my sister Linda, my Momma, and then spending time with Ben's family. As I drove through the countryside and saw the fields of crops I had lots of memories flood into my soul. I loved Sunday afternoon drives where my Daddy would just drive with no place in particular to go. When we came upon a stop sign, I got to choose whether we turned left or right. Those simpler times would probably never be understood by the younger generation today. Sitting around the fire while playing games and eating s'mores was something a lot of younger people don't get to experience. I love watching my grand babies living such a life. I especially love getting time to make memories with them. God is so good! I look forward to the day ahead and see what all He gives me to treasure in my memory bank. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for this time I have with Ben, Emily, and the children! I pray a cleansing in my spirit so I can bless You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; Serena and her husband; Jo Ann; Carol; Vivienne; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Jill's husband Dave; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, the Tussing Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals and near to the family of the two year old that died suddenly. Thank You for being My Fear Blaster! Amen. 

No comments: