Sunday, June 5, 2022

Romans 15:13 - "We Won't Be Shaken"

Yesterday as I drove to the Summerville Church to give my pastor's report my mind wandered to the last time I made that trip for that purpose. It was not for me to give a report but for Doc to give what was his last pastor's report. I remember as we drove him saying he wasn't sure he could do it. At that time it was more an emotional issue than anything. We had received his pancreatic cancer diagnosis the month before and life was hard. He still looked 'good' but was struggling big time with life. The beginning of a hard sixteen months that ended his life on earth but praise God for the new body he received when he went to heaven. Sometimes I think about the aches and pains I have and feel guilty even mentioning them because they are nothing compared to what some go through. As I talked with Pastor Greg about little Judson yesterday my heart broke to hear how a two year old has adjusted his life to doctors, hospitals, bloodwork, etc. I love seeing the smile on his face and can only imagine the smiles he puts on the faces of many medical personnel. Receiving news yesterday of deaths of two young men broke my heart for their families. Having texts of a family with one not expected to survive the night and another having unexpected open heart surgery last night broke my heart too. So many people going through such 'tough' stuff. I am thankful for the ones who have the Lord to depend upon. I am thankful I have Him to depend upon every day. He is so, so good in the way He loves on me. When the enemy tries to tear me down, He is there to encourage me. When people disappoint, He is there to remind me He will never disappoint me as long as I keep my focus on Him. I prayed for pastors before going to sleep and God woke me twice during the night to pray. Pastors of small churches are heavy in my prayers. There are so many emotions a pastor experiences no matter what size of church they serve. Yesterday as Pastor B was watering the plants I chuckled. His church is large yet he still does the little things. That is a true servant heart. I am grateful for pastors who have modeled that spirit. I strive to mirror such actions. As Pastor Jeremy prayed over me yesterday I was so blessed by his words. I truly believe God has me right where He desires and for that I am thankful. Dr, Busic gave Romans 15:13 in the ordination service. It is one that will always hold a special place in my heart. In Pastor Jeremy's prayer over me yesterday he prayed for the Holy Spirit to become more in my life. What a blessing! That is exactly what I desire and is what I know will happen as I continue to trust Him. I am so thankful for the words to "We Won't Be Shaken"...

You know my every longing
You've heard my every prayer
You've held me in my weakness
Cause You are always there
So I'll stand in full surrender
It's Your way and not my own
My mind is set on nothing less
Than You and You alone
I will not be moved oh

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for encouraging all pastors no matter what they are facing or will face at services! I pray especially for those in smaller churches to stay focused on You and not circumstances. Thank You for Pastor Jeremy's prayer over me! Cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss anything You have for me. Flow out of me in a mighty way. May those going through difficult days receive Your empowerment so they can receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Jo Ann; some young ladies with anxiety; Owen and his family; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Ken and Elaine; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Janice and her family with the loss of her sister and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Source of Hope! Amen.

No comments: