Friday, June 10, 2022

Hebrews 12:1-2 - "Weary Traveler"

Last night as I was driving home from VBS I could see a beautiful sunset was happening. After dropping the boys off to their house I went to one of my favorite places hoping I would not be too late. God did not disappoint! What a blessing to see the beauty of His creation! It has been a tough week emotionally and I needed my tank filled. As I stood and watched the sunset unfold He reminded me I'm not alone on this journey. He is with me every step of the way. The words to "Weary Traveler" are on my mind this morning...

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

When I feel alone, He is there to love on me. When I feel like I can't go on, He is there to encourage me. When I feel unloved or unappreciated, He is there to remind me He always loves me. When I feel like giving up, He reminds me He never gives up on me. I am one blessed lady! Jordan St. Cyr wrote of this song: “You know, God has given us this amazing and beautiful life, but we still get those days and seasons that can leave us run down and worn out. For me and my family, navigating the chronic illness of my youngest daughter has been impossible at times, but what has made it all worth it is knowing we were never meant to walk in our struggle alone. I believe that one day we will find complete rest and healing when Jesus calls us by name and that one day soon, we will make it home.” Praise God none of us are alone in life! I am so thankful for all He does in and through me. Last night in VBS I shared how when we live for the Lord there are still going to be 'bad' things come up in life. Those times will stretch our faith and make us more of who God desires us to be. The words of Hebrews 12 remind me to stay focused on God no matter what comes my way. Then, and only then, I will experience His joy, freedom, and peace to the extent He desires for me. My focus needs to include prayer, reading His Word, fellowship with other believers, and living in obedience to His will. God is greater than the hurts of life. He is greater than the loss of my biggest cheerleader, my Daddy. He is greater than me losing Doc after his fight with pancreatic cancer. He is greater than me losing my Rickey six months ago today. Plain and simple. He is greater. I keep reminding myself they did not give up on this earth and are basking in the privileges of heaven. All three of them had their share of difficult days on this earth. I am confident all three are enjoying eternal life. I desire to enjoy it too so I must not allow people or circumstances to take away His peace and joy from me. When I see the beauty of sunsets such as last night, I am in awe at just how beautiful heaven will be. I always say 'my heaven' is going to be a beach with sunshine. Doc always said 'his heaven' was going to be mountains. I don't know what it will be but I do know it will be perfect just like my Heavenly Father. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most importantly the spiritual strength You give me! Thank You for another successful night of VBS and for the beauty of the sunset on the way home! Thank You for Jo Ann having a successful procedure, Bob and Beth having a safe trip home, and Marcia having good results from her procedure! Cleanse me so I can be who You desire of me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for many who are dealing with severe weather to lean into Your strength. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; Serena and her husband; Vivian; Vivienne; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Ken and Elaine; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for Janice and her family with the loss of her sister and other families experiencing loss. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

God can make it mountains and the beach at the same time! 💙 Bless you, Sheila.