Thursday, September 10, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Colossians 1


The Lord took me to Paul's words to the Church of Colossae this morning. I desire to have God look down upon us as Paul did on this Church. Paul saw strength in them and he saw the desire in them to do as God desired. That is exactly how I want to live. I want to have His love ooze out of me as I lean into His strength. These days of my new journey hurt. This is not the way I ever expected life to be but I must remember God is in control. I don't understand the 'whys' of our situation. I don't understand why Doc was taken from us so soon. I don't understand how life without him is going to look. Plain and simple. There is a lot I don't understand. Praise His Holy Name I don't have to understand. All I have to do is continue living as I have been. Praying continually for His guidance. Allowing Him to live in and through me in a way that will show people His love. Colossians 1:9-11 reads in The Passion Translation:

Since we first heard about you, we’ve kept you always in our prayers that you would receive the perfect knowledge of God’s pleasure over your lives, making you reservoirs of every kind of wisdom and spiritual understanding. We pray that you would walk in the ways of true righteousness, pleasing God in every good thing you do. Then you’ll become fruit-bearing branches, yielding to his life, and maturing in the rich experience of knowing God in his fullness! And we pray that you would be energized with all his explosive power from the realm of his magnificent glory, filling you with great hope.

Yes! I desire to be a reservoir of every kind of wisdom and spiritual understanding. Doc was full of wisdom and knowledge. He could answer questions I did not know the answer to or at least know where to find the answer. I must continue on digging into God's Word and learning more. I must absorb His Word more so I can live it out more. Even in these days of hurting I know God desires me to live out His will. Matthew Henry writes of this passage:

There is work to be done, even when we are suffering. Amidst all their trials they gave thanks to the Father of our Lord Jesus, whose special grace fitted them to partake of the inheritance provided for the saints. 

Yes! I am and will continue to be thankful for all God is doing in and through me. I am grateful for all the ways He encourages me. Yesterday a song by Crowder called I Am was going through my mind. God is holding onto me and I must make sure I am holding onto Him.

I am
Holding onto you
I am
Holding onto you
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am!

Yes! What a wonderful encouragement it is to know His strength is here for me at all time. I must remember to continue to stand in His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 encourages me to do. These days are tough but they are not as tough as watching my honey suffer. The unknown of these days is not fun to think about but I must remember nothing is unknown to Him.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that encourages me! Thank You for Scripture, songs, and people that encourage me! Thank You for the hope You give me that I will see Doc again! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Father, You know the hurts of my heart. You know all of my needs. May You fill my: physical body with rest as I am struggling; mental body with clarity for decisions that need made; emotional body as the tears fall; financial body strong as decisions are made; and most of all my spiritual body with a renewed strength. Father, I pray none of the things I am experiencing will take my focus off of You. May I stay focused on You so I do not miss any opportunity to love with Your love. I pray You will continue to encourage Billy in these tough days with the loss of Regina. May He feel Your loving arms wrapped around him as they go through her service. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength in This Storm! Amen.

No comments: