Sunday, September 13, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 3 - "Words"

Last night was Saturday night so it was my night to pray for pastors. I was pretty tired after a long day but God woke me once to pray. Once again He had me pray for pastors who would be directed to preach something different than they had prepared. He had me pray for them to not only be open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit but to be 'ok' with it. He said some are resistant to changing at the last moment because they think it is them thinking it instead of the Spirit actually telling them. I also prayed for Pastor Sam who blessed me in abundance with Doc's service yesterday. I prayed for blessings upon him and Candy's family, his ministry, and him personally. I cannot imagine what a District Superintendent goes through as he pastors pastors. What a great responsibility God has given them. I prayed for myself as I preach this morning and as I continue the ministry Doc and I started four plus years ago. I prayed for wisdom and direction. I also prayed for His love to ooze out of me in a mighty way. God took me to Psalm 3 this morning. David wrote this about his enemies. He wrote a lot on this subject. I don't feel like I have many enemies at this point in life but I know anyone who loves the Lord has the greatest enemy of all in satan. The last two verses give the 'secret of strength' per The Passion Translation. They read:

I simply cry out to you:
“Rise up and help me, Lord! Come and save me!”
And you will slap them in the face,
breaking the power of their words to harm me.
 My true hero comes to my rescue,
for the Lord alone is my Savior.
What a feast of favor and bliss he gives his people!
Pause in his presence

Woo hoo! God will protect me from those who try to harm me. I find it interesting to see He will protect me from their words. Sometimes words are more harmful than actions. The song Words by Hawk Nelson comes to my mind....

Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

So, so true. I desire to build people up with my words not tear them down. The only way that will be accomplished is to live in God's presence 24/7, listening to Him, and walking in obedience to Him. I'm so grateful for the way He uses me to be a beacon of light for Him. I'm so grateful for the way He guides me and gives me opportunities to love with His love. He is such a good, good God.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the way You directed the celebration of Doc's life yesterday here in South Carolina! Thank You for my tribe here in South Carolina! What a surprise to have Justin Schneider with us! Thank You for tears and thank You for laughter!  Thank You for those who participated: Pastor Sam, my sister Linda, Anthony, Darrell, Carol, Mike, and Pastor Leslie! Thank You for those who provided food and/or helped with the lunch afterward! Thank You for blessing me with words from Doc through Pastor Sam that I had never heard before! Thank You for waking me during the night to pray for pastors! Thank You for being with me as I preach today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through me. I pray for you to be with Miss MaryJo as she leads worship in her church for the first time this morning. May she experience your peace and allow You to flow from her. I pray for so many people who are going through tough days. Elizabeth, Chuck and JoAnne, Nicole Cavinee, David Laurila, and so many others. May You be so very real to them and meet their needs. I pray for traveling mercies for us over the next couple of days. Thank You for being My True Hero! Amen.

1 comment: