Saturday, September 12, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 121 - "I Will Lift My Eyes"

Yesterday was a 'weepy' day as I thought about Doc's last day on this earth. It was the anniversary of his 'first' week of leaving. I had to remember he is no longer suffering. His last morning was spent with us using the suction machine. He was no longer communicating with us but I continued to talk to him. I sang for him and prayed over him. Those moments will always be so precious in my memories even though it hurt to see him like that. Today we will celebrate his life here. I want to celebrate because I know he has a new body and no longer is suffering. I know there are COVID19 concerns and I pray people will do as God directs them on whether they participate in the service or not. I don't expect people to come to either service who are staying away from others. I hope they understand I did the services now instead of waiting because I needed to for myself. I don't want people to think I am being selfish. I know I prayed for direction and God provided. I am so thankful for His direction. Yesterday Junior gave Linda Psalm 121. In The Passage Translation it reads:

I look up to the mountains and hills, longing for God’s help.
But then I realize that our true help and protection
come only from the Lord,
our Creator who made the heavens and the earth.
He will guard and guide me, never letting me stumble or fall.
God is my keeper; he will never forget nor ignore me.
He will never slumber nor sleep;
he is the Guardian-God for his people, Israel.
Jehovah himself will watch over you;
he’s always at your side to shelter you safely in his presence.
He’s protecting you from all danger both day and night.
He will keep you from every form of evil or calamity
as he continually watches over you.
You will be guarded by God himself.
You will be safe when you leave your home
and safely you will return.
He will protect you now,
and he’ll protect you forevermore!

Praise His Holy Name for the promises found in these verses. He is my True Help. He is my Protection. He is My Creator. He is My Keeper. He is My Guardian. He is the One to Keep Me Safe. Woo hoo! This new journey I am on is no surprise to God. He knows what I need to continue walking with Him through it. He knows what I need to not just survive but to thrive. He knows what I need to continue walking in His presence as I live a life of obedience to Him. Plain and simple. He knows. I do not have to know the details but instead must allow Him to guide me through every moment of every day. That will be the only way I will be able to live the live He desires of me. I must stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a more intentional way so the enemy does not have any foothold in my life. I love the promise found in verse eight of Psalm 121. You will be safe when you leave your home and safely you will return. He will protect you now, and He'll protect you forevermore! Yes! There is a mezuzah at my front door that reminds me of my relationship with God. At the door going into the garage there is a cross-stitch of the Shema. Both my coming and going are represented as being in the Lord's hands. I know He is with me and I know He will protect me from everything that will try to deter my focus from Him. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for being so real to me throughout the day yesterday as I struggled with it being a week since Doc left me! Thank You for Paul's call that came at the time of his last breathe on this earth! Thank You for my sister Linda being here with me to get through these tough days! Thank You for the promises of Your Word that You had Junior share with her last night! Thank You for Chris who came over to take care of a couple tasks yesterday! Thank You for financial blessings! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Father, I don't want to just survive these days but I desire to thrive for You through them. I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck as Doc used to say. My body wants/needs rest and I'm grateful for what You provided for me yesterday. Lord, continue to be with so many who are hurting. May Your will be accomplished in their life. May You be greater than their hurts. May You be their strength and if they are not in relationship with You I pray someone will say/do whatever it takes to show them You are the Way to live on this earth if they desire to live for eternity. I pray for doctors to have wisdom as Nikki is in so much pain and as David continues his journey. Lord, may Your supernatural strength be realized today not only for myself but for everyone as we gather for a celebration of Doc's life. Thank You Jesus for being My Guardian! Amen.

No comments: