Saturday, September 26, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 13 - "Keep Me In The Moment"

This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 13 and started laying people on my heart to pray for who seem to enjoy wallowing in pity due to their circumstances. They seem to enjoy complaining about how their life is instead of doing anything to change their circumstances. Pity parties are often with prayer times few. My heart breaks for them but I think if they would wake up and realize God is there to empower them to not live such a life it would be different. He also brought to my mind these words from Jeremy Camp's song Keep Me In The Moment...

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters
Throw away what I'm chasing after, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Keep me in the moment, oh keep me in the moment
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)

It takes intentionality in life to live where God desires of us. It takes work on our part to accept how He desires us to live. It may not always be easy nor make sense but it is the best way to live. When we are focused on ourselves, we will miss opportunities He puts before us. When we can only see our own problems, we will be unable to hear what God has for us. The last verses of Psalm 13 are how we need to live.

Take a good look at me, God, my God;
    I want to look life in the eye,
So no enemy can get the best of me
    or laugh when I fall on my face.

I’ve thrown myself headlong into your arms—

    I’m celebrating your rescue.

I’m singing at the top of my lungs,

    I’m so full of answered prayers.

We must repent of our sins, ask God to forgive us, and live in His presence if we desire to live as He desires. We must stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to stand up against those who try to tear us down. The enemy does not like when we stand in this empowerment. He wants to see us fall but God wants to see us live for Him. God wants to fill us with answered prayers while the enemy wants to fill us with doubts. As I rested yesterday I thought a lot about life without Doc. I miss him so yet I am grateful he is no longer suffering. I cried yesterday as I thought of things that need done that I need his expertise and wisdom. Then the Lord calmed my spirit with the knowledge that I have His expertise and wisdom. All I have to do is listen to Him. I cannot just throw up requests to Him but need to listen to what He has for me. Praise His Holy Name for this reminder. These last verses of Psalm 13 encourage me greatly on what life can look like. This song encourages me greatly on how to make such a life possible. Woo hoo! God is so good!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for putting this song and Scripture before me this morning! Lord, cleanse me so You can empower me. May You flow freely from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May You go before me and give me Your wisdom with all decisions to be made. May You encourage those who are struggling with being focused on themselves and their problems to realize You desire to fill them with Your empowerment. Thank You for continuing to be with me during these tough days without Doc by my side! May You continue to give me exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. I desire to make You happy with the way I live. I desire to make You proud of the way I do life. I desire to make Doc proud of me too. Lord, I pray for Nicole who is hospitalized and awaiting surgery to feel Your presence. I also pray for Mike Hignight's family to experience Your strength today for calling hours. Lord, be so real to all of us. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: