Friday, September 18, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "You Will Never Walk Alone"


I was awake so many times during the night with the thought of wanting to be home. I thought about it and realized two things. 'Home' on this earth is in South Carolina where Doc and I made our last one for the last four plus years. 'Home' in heaven is where he is. I want to be in both of these places. South Carolina was where my honey last did life with me. It is where we lived life together and made so many memories. The last six months was pretty much spent together 24/7. A lot of time when I went to the church building he went with me. He left a mat, cover, and pillow for the most recent times. It makes sense that is where feels like 'home' to me. It also makes sense that I long to be in heaven. Prior to him going on I prayed for the Lord to return so we could be there instead of living in the junk of this world. Now my prayer to be in heaven is even more intense. The words to a song Point of Grace sings called You Will Never Walk Alone are on my mind this morning...

You will never walk alone
As long as you have faith
Jesus will be right beside you all the way
And you may feel you’re far from home
But home is where He is
And He’ll be there down every road; you will never walk alone
Never, no never

I know I am not alone. Even if I do not have people around me I know God is always with me. I am thankful for the knowledge of His presence in my life. I am thankful for His loving arms around me during these tough days. I am thankful for the way He encourages me through people, His Word, music, etc. Plain and simple. I am thankful. Being thankful empowers me to keep my focus on Him. Without His love and empowerment (II Timothy 1:7) I would be a mess. I already somewhat feel like that with my mind not working fully, being extremely tired, etc. I am thankful I do not have to find out what life could be like if I did not have Him in the center. Right now as I am in Ohio I want to go 'home' to South Carolina. I'm sure in a few days when I get there I will yearn for heaven. I miss my honey so bad. It is just not right to not be doing life with him. But I know he is where he is enjoying life being pain free. I am kind of jealous of what he is experiencing. Until the Lord takes me home to heaven I need to walk in obedience to Him, living in His presence 24/7. When I do, I will receive the gift of going to my forever home. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for all the people who loved on me yesterday! My Momma, my sister Linda, Norma, Ricki, Jim and Susan Mankins, Carol Barnett, Terry Mosley, Doug and Shirley Anderson. Thank You for their visits, food, etc.! Thank You for the way You continue to encourage me to put one foot in front of the other when I feel like I can't continue on. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I can walk in obedience to You today. Heal the hurts of my heart. Open up my mind to what and where You so desire me to be so I can live with You for eternity. Father, be with Elizabeth as she has surgery today. May she feel Your presence in a mighty way. Thank You for the healing that is occurring in Baby Willow! May her parents also feel Your presence. Thank You for giving safe travels to Paul, Miss Bella and Liz; Adam, Rachel, and Miss Aiya; and any others traveling today. Father, You know how bad I miss Doc and You also know I would never wish him back with the suffering he was experiencing. May You continue to empower me through this new journey I am on. I pray for Mordecei to function better today and for my phone to charge. I pray for no distractions that will take my focus off of You! Thank You Father for being My Empowerment! Amen. 


No comments: