Friday, September 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 1 - "Bring The Rain"


Yesterday God encouraged me in so many ways. Seeing friends from Ohio; pictures and hugs from Gavin and Everly; walking on the beach; being told my preaching has blossomed over these last few months; a call from a dear friend checking on me and a text from another friend; talking to Marlene about Doc...the list goes on and on. Another way He encouraged me was by Scripture given to me by my friend Edie. She shared Philippians 1 starting at verse twenty-one from the Amplified Version. It reads...

21 For to me, to live is Christ [He is my source of joy, my reason to live] and to die is gain [for I will be with Him in eternity]. 22 If, however, it is to be life here and I am to go on living, this will mean useful and productive service for me; so I do not know which to choose [if I am given that choice]. 23 But I am hard-pressed between the two. I have the desire to leave [this world] and be with Christ, for that is far, far better; 24 yet to remain in my body is more necessary and essential for your sake. 25 Since I am convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that your rejoicing for me may overflow in Christ Jesus through my coming to you again.

"To Live Is Christ" is the title of this section of Scripture. This is explained as God being Paul's source of joy and reason to live. Paul continues that as long as he is on this earth he knew he needed to live for Christ. A key verse she shared for me is verse twenty-five. ...I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith. This confirmed that I am to stay in Beaufort as Doc and I discussed so I can continue to minister where God brought us four plus years ago. I shared with Marlene yesterday that even though I know a lot of things there is still so much unknown. On paper finances make sense yet until everything gets settled there are still little doubts that creep into my mind. I cannot allow the enemy any open door. I cannot allow him to put fear upon me. I am realizing even more than ever the need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 every moment of the day. God did not bring me this far for me to fail but instead to thrive. Doc is no longer here with me on this earth. He has received the greatest gift of all with going on to be with the Lord. If I want to see him again, I must accept the fact that God needs me to continue what He started through the two of us. ...yet to remain in my body is more necessary and essential for your sake. Wow, God! If I had the choice to leave this earth or continue on, in my humanness I would choose to leave. But Paul's words show me that should not be what I would choose. Paul ends this chapter with these words of encouragement...

29 For you have been granted [the privilege] for Christ’s sake, not only to believe and confidently trust in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 30 [and so you are] experiencing the same [kind of] conflict which you saw me endure, and which you hear to be mine now.

Yes! Christ is with all of us as we believe in Him and trust Him. He is with us in the valleys and on the mountaintops of life. He loves us greatly and desires to live in us. He desires to have His Holy Spirit flow in and through us. I love verse six of this chapter...

I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].

Woo hoo! Yes! Paul believed this. I believe this. Oh how I pray for more people to believe this too. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Scripture that You encourage me with! Thank You for Edie who shared Philippians 1 with me yesterday! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me to love on people yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for friends like Ross and Mary who took us to lunch; Marlene who is here with me this week; Mr. Gavin and Miss Everly who colored me pictures and gave me hugs; texts/messages/calls from Anthony, Mark Vaughn, and Sandy! Thank You for cleansing me today so I can walk in obedience to Your will in a more intentional way! Thank You for encouraging me to continue on life with You even without Doc by my side! Lord, help me to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking at my door. Thank You for being My Life! Amen.



1 comment:

My Strength said...

I pray what the Lord lays on my heart blesses you in abundance!