Sunday, September 6, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Psalm 139:1-6 - "All My Hope"



Last night before going to bed I prayed for pastors. I wasn't sure if God would wake me during the night or not since I was so tired but He did at 5AM so I prayed again. I prayed for pastors who will be in the pulpit today to listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to say what He desired. I also prayed for those who will be participating in our communion service to draw closer to the Lord. I was so blessed with the day God gave me yesterday: the time at the funeral home going well; lunch out with my sister Linda; seeing my friend Rhonda; reading so many comments on Facebook about how my honey influenced so many lives; going through pictures for Will to do a video; finding the Bible Doc bought and wrote in for my Ordination; part of my 'tribe' Chris who was here for them to take the hospital bed; food dropped off from more of my 'tribe'...Carol, Tiffany, and neighbor Betty; texts from all three boys; being able to laugh so many times and having healing tears...oh my was I blessed! I also hurt when I found out of the passing of my dear friend Regina. Today I am thinking of her husband and family who are hurting so bad. I am thankful they also have the comfort of the knowledge they will see her again when they go to see Jesus. I found out from my friend Sister Diane yesterday that God woke her up Thursday night to pray Psalm 91 over us right at the time I was woke up with Doc's breathing changing. Wow, God! I just continue to be amazed by Him. I am praying we, as believers and as pastors, will realize the importance of sharing Him with others so more people can have the hope of Him. A friend shared Psalm 139:1-6 and I was so blessed by the knowledge that God knows everything at all time. He knew Thursday night that I needed my honey for just a little bit longer and He provided. Oh my goodness, I am so blessed.

1 You have searched me, LORD, and you know me.
 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. 
5 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 

This knowledge is enough to keep me living in His strength. It is enough to keep my focus on Him. It is enough for me to continue to feel His love in a mighty way. Plain and simple. It is enough! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the day You gave me yesterday! With it being the first day without my honey on this earth You provided exactly what I needed. Thank You for how much You love me! Thank You for giving me Your strength as Philippians 4:13 promises and Your empowerment and love as II Timothy 1:7 promises! Thank You for being with me over these last fifteen months as Doc battled pancreatic cancer! Thank You for giving me almost thirty one years of marriage with such a godly man! Father, I pray for Billy and his family with the loss of Regina! My heart breaks for them. May You be their Peace in the days ahead. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Father, I pray for all pastors to realize the importance of sharing Your love with others so they can experience Your hope and peace. I pray a blessing on our communion service this morning. I also pray for Steve Cecil as he has his last service at the Manning Church this morning. Thank You for being My Enough! Amen.

No comments: