Wednesday, September 9, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 17 - "Still"

 


The Lord took me to David's prayer in Psalm 17 this morning. This is a Psalm that encourages me to stay walking with Him. Verse five in The Passion Translation reads:

My steps follow in the tracks of your chariot wheels, always staying in their path, never straying from your way.

Yes! This is exactly where I desire to live. In these 'tough' days without my honey with me I know I must stay living in His presence. The enemy will see my loneliness and come knocking. He will see my anxiousness about decisions and be ready to take me down. He will see my tiredness from doing life on my own and pounce on me. My new circumstances need to take my faith deeper and my trust in the Lord stronger. I need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 more so now than ever before. I will also stand upon the promises of verse eight of this Psalm...

Protect me from harm; keep an eye on me like you would a child reflected in the twinkling of your eye. Yes, hide me within the shelter of your embrace, under your outstretched wings.

I will be Still before Him and allow Him to guide every decision that is made. That is the way Doc and I lived and I will continue to do so. This morning the Lord has the words to Still going through my mind...

Hide me now
Under Your wing
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still know You are God

Yes! The oceans have risen and the thunder is roaring but God is still in control. He knows my hurts. He knows my concerns over finances. He knows the decisions that need made. Plain and simple. He knows. Therefore, I do not have to know but instead just need to trust Him and allow Him to be in charge. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the times of laughter with Linda yesterday! Thank You for the times of tears You continue to give me to heal my heart from missing Doc! Thank You for Chris who willingly comes when we call him! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for cards, texts, words on Facebook, etc. that encourage me greatly! Father, go before me today and be so very real to me. I pray for continued guidance in all decisions that need made. Thank You for providing for me physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually! Thank You for being My Still! Amen.

No comments: