Thursday, September 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Yes I Will"

 


I can't say the Lord woke me with this song since I have yet to go to sleep but He has it on my heart.

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

Yes! These last fifteen hours have been so emotional in so many ways. I guess I pictured our last days together being like what my Momma had with my Daddy. His last hours were so peaceful. When you have a stroke, peaceful is not a way to describe life. As I laid beside my honey last night and watched him struggle to breathe, I was grateful the Lord continues to give me strength through these days. 

I am thankful for His strength.

I am jealous that Doc is going to see both my Heavenly Father and my earthly Daddy before me.

I am hopeful in the fact that we have eternal life to look forward to.

I am joyful in the knowledge there is no cancer, diabetes, blood clots, etc. in heaven.

I am blessed with neighbors and friends who were with me last night.

I have another morning with my honey and I am going to make the best of it. As I prayed our 'bedtime' prayer last night and heard him say 'I love you' I knew God continues to be in control.  I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His love and empowerment no matter what lies ahead in this day. Praise His Holy Name for always being here with me.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the strength You continue to supply! Thank You for Mary from Hospice, Chris, Will, and Sandy who came to be with me last night! Lord, I pray Your strength over Sandy as she has to work today after little sleep. I ask Your strength over Karen Shafer with Gary's death and Cher Lawrence and her family with their death. Lord, I pray Your love down over Doc in a mighty way. We never would have expected life to be like this but thankfully we know You are in control. Thank You for staying close to all of us. I pray especially for my sister Linda as she travels down. Lord, I pray against distraction taking my focus off of You. May You cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. Thank You Jesus for being My Life! Amen.



No comments: