Saturday, September 19, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Luke 8 - "Bring The Rain"


I had a dream last night that I was in my closet crying and begging God to be with me during a natural storm going through. I prayed for Him to protect me and my home. I told Him I did not feel strong enough to get through the storm. He very clearly spoke to me and said, "Daughter this storm will not destroy you but instead will strengthen you." Wow, God! I am not experiencing a natural storm right now in the sense of a hurricane, tornado, etc. But I am experiencing a natural storm with Doc's death. We all are born and we all die. What happens between those two events will determine if we live eternity in heaven or hell. No matter what the circumstances we do not have to fear. Instead we must put on a different type of fear as we fear the Lord. We must be reverent to Him and allow Him to live in and through us. We must allow Him to be our strength in the storms of life. I am reminded of the sermon God gave me last week to preach. It was about the disciples who were fearful in the storm that came over them. The story is found in Luke 8. Verse twenty-three reads in The Passion Translation: The wind rose, and the fierce wind became a violent squall the threatened to swamp their boat. A squall is a storm with wind and rain that comes on suddenly. The pancreatic cancer in Doc's body came on suddenly. It was violent in so many ways. Just as the disciples cried out to Jesus we cried out to Him for fifteen months. There were times when the enemy tried to put fear upon us but we refused to accept it. There were times when we felt like we couldn't go on yet the Lord was always there with us. It takes great faith to live through storms without giving into fear. In verse twenty-five Jesus asked the disciples why they were fearful and what happened to their faith. I am so thankful even in the times I felt helpless I never lost the knowledge of His peace. I am thankful my faith took me deeper to a whole new level of trust. I am thankful for the hope He continues to give me and for His love showering down upon me. Without Him I would be hopeless and helpless. With Him I can walk in the knowledge that I am never alone but instead can be experience His supernatural empowerment. I am grateful for II Timothy 1:7 that tells me of this. My emotional being is raw. I've cried more tears than I could ever count. I'm thankful God knows how many tears and sees each one as a way of healing. My physical being is worn out. I'm thankful God knows how little physical strength I have and continues to carry me through this storm. I also am grateful for the way He continues to take my spiritual being deeper in faith. I am grateful I chose God to be my Pilot over the storm of cancer in Doc's body. I am grateful I allowed Him to direct my path and be my focus. I am grateful I lean into Him to calm my fears when the enemy tries to tear me down. I praise Him for being able to sing...

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for loving on me through so many people yesterday! Thank You for going before me today and being exactly what I need! Thank You for the privilege to honor Doc today in the service here in Ohio! Father, he touched so many lives in different ways. I'm so thankful to hear the different stories people have shared with me. I'm so thankful for the knowledge I know he is at peace and has a new, cancer-free body. Lord, I pray I will continue to be focused on You so I can receive a new body too. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today so people will know You are who I live for. Thank You for safe travels yesterday for Paul, Miss Bella, and Liz and Adam, Rachel, and Miss Aiya! May You be with everyone who travels today for the service. Lord, I pray for a stress-free day so I can stay focused on You. I pray the enemy out of my day. I pray for You to give me Your supernatural empowerment in my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual body. Thank You Jesus for being My Pilot! Amen.

No comments: