Monday, September 21, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 118:24-29 - "Overwhelmed"

Another 'first' will happen today as I travel back to South Carolina without my honey. I wonder if I will ever get use to life without him. I wonder what the future holds and how I will survive it. I wonder if I am strong enough to get through it without him. As I wonder these things I am assured by my Heavenly Father that He is in control and loves me enough to not just see me through the days ahead but will empower me to do His will through them. He is so good to encourage me. This morning encouragement for the day comes through a song Big Daddy Weave sings called Overwhelmed

All that You've done is so overwhelming
I delight myself in You
In the Glory of Your Presence
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

There is a good aspect of being overwhelmed and there is a bad one. The good one is what I experience as I live in His presence. It is what I realize as I allow Him to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of my life. I am not overwhelmed in the bad aspect by all that is happening in my little world but instead in the good aspect. Living in His presence is where the good aspect of being overwhelmed is found. There is no better place to live. I am thankful for all God has done for me up to this point in my life. I also am grateful for all He will do for me in the days ahead. Yesterday my friend Kim shared with me Psalm 118:24-29 from The Passion Translation. 

This is the very day of the Lord that brings
gladness and joy, filling our hearts with glee.
O God, please come and save us again;
bring us your breakthrough-victory!
Blessed is this one who comes to us, the sent one of the Lord.
And from within the temple we cry, “We bless you!”
For the Lord our God has brought us his glory-light.
I offer him my life in joyous sacrifice.
Tied tightly to your altar I will bring you praise.
For you are the God of my life and I lift you high,
exalting you to the highest place.
So let’s keep on giving our thanks to God, for he is so good!
His constant, tender love lasts forever!

Woo hoo! Breakthrough victory! That is what is received when we continue to praise Him through the storms of life. We will be overwhelmed in the good way by Him as we praise Him. We will be blessed in abundance as we praise Him. We will realize His presence more as we praise Him. We will desire to go deeper in our faith as we praise Him. Plain and simple. The way to have breakthrough victory is to praise Him! Woo hoo! As I continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His love and empowerment I will stay focused on Him and receive victory.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your Word, songs, and people that encourage me greatly! Thank You for the way You love on me so, so much! Thank You for the safety on the road yesterday and for the way You will continue to keep us safe as we travel home! Thank You for the love, mercy and grace people will continue to show me as I find my way through You on this new journey! Lord, cleanse me so You will shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength. I pray You will be greater than the hurts of my heart as I do life without Doc. I also pray for the needs of three who I know are having surgery today. May You give them Your peace. My sister Sally, Donna, and another friend. I also continue to pray for the family with loss in the car accident Saturday and another family who are dealing with COVID-19. Lord, I pray You will be so real to each one of them. Thank You Jesus for being My Breakthrough Victory! Amen.

No comments: