Friday, May 1, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 55:8-9 - "The God Who Stays"


I absolutely love this picture of us celebrating our thirtieth anniversary. On the way home from Doc's CT scans we were talking about how we've had so many fun times traveling and seeing the sites around our little place of the world. We are so blessed. While he had scans, I walked on the trail by the water. As I walked, I talked to my Heavenly Daddy about these 'tough' days. I told Him I knew He already knew how rough they were but I needed to lament a bit. I asked Him to heal Doc while he is on this earth but most importantly for His will to be fulfilled through us, especially in these 'tough' days. I know if we are not walking in His will we will be miserable. He has called us to Beaufort, South Carolina to be beacons of light for Him. He has called us to proclaim the Gospel and bring people into relationship with Him. He has called us to bring believers into a stronger faith. Plain and simple. He has called us. I know I am exactly where I am suppose to be. This morning Marlene reminded us of Isaiah 55:8-9...



As I walked this morning, the song The God Who Stays kept going through my mind. After Marlene sent us the Scripture, it clicked.

You're the God who stays
You're the God who stays
You're the one who runs in my direction
When the whole world walks away
You're the God who stands
With wide open arms
And You tell me nothing I have ever done can separate my heart
From the God who stays

My shame can't separate
My guilt can't separate
My past can't separate
I'm Yours forever
My sin can't separate
My scars can't separate
My failures can't separate
I'm Yours forever
No enemy can separate
No power of hell can take away
Your love for me will never change
I'm Yours forever

I know God is with us. He is not going to leave us. He knows how 'tough' these days are. They do not surprise Him. Nothing can separate us from His love. No matter how distraught the enemy tries to get us, God is greater. Sometimes I cry out asking 'why?' yet it is not for me to understand. When I hear of others who have left this earth due to cancer, my heart breaks and I pray for God to spare us from that. But then I am reminded that His will is what I need to pray for. His strength will carry us through anything. The empowerment of the Holy Spirit is mine when I stand on II Timothy 1:7. His love will ooze out of me as I live out His will. I am basking in His wide open arms today. I am asking for His strength to not just get through this day but to be a blessing to Him in it. When tears come, I know He is with me. When I feel like I can't watch Doc be in such pain, I know He is with me. When there are so many unanswered questions, I know He is with me. Plain and simple. He is with me. He's not going anywhere. He is The God Who Stays!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the beautiful weather we continue to have! Thank You for my walk on the trail by the water this morning! Thank You for technology and medical personnel for such things such as Doc's CT scans! Thank You in advance for the way You are going to be our strength as wait on results and his strength with the 'yuckiness' he is feeling! Thank You for the way You used us yesterday to bless people with dropping off homemade goodies! You are so, so good and bless us immensely! Oh how I pray we bless You too! Father, along with Doc I pray for Your touch upon Ron, Vance, and Brenda's cousin as they go through physical issues. I pray for Your strength to be theirs and Your comfort to be their family members. Lord, be with all who are dealing with the COVID-19. Thank You for protecting the sheriff deputies who were possibly exposed to it! Father, I also pray for the first-time Momma who is having her baby today. Bless her family as they can't be with her. Thank You for Sandy who encouraged me greatly this morning; Mr. Fran looking so good and my virtual visit with my Momma and Linda yesterday! Oh Father, You just amaze me in how You bless us. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May I be the beacon of light You have called me to be today in a more intentional way than ever before! Thank You for being The God Who Stays! Amen.

No comments: