Sunday, May 17, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 28:16-20 - "You Say"


Last night was a 'typical' Saturday night with praying for pastors. The first time God woke me I prayed for pastors as they continue to work through the ins and outs of the coronavirus. I especially prayed for them to have a gentle spirit with not being harsh with their words as they discuss regathering with their church body. There is so much opposition within people's opinion on what is 'right' and what is 'wrong' with masks, social distancing, etc. There also is so many who are being downright nasty to others in their words, actions, and attitude. I prayed against their being division in the church over it. One cannot truly be walking in the Lord's will when they allow the enemy to be in control of them. Believers must stay 'prayed up' so the enemy does not have an open door into our lives. The second time I woke I prayed through the list of South Carolina lead pastors. I prayed for them to listen to God and not people when making decisions. The third time I woke I prayed for all pastors to preach salvation and sanctification. Many people are ready to make a change in their life with what all is going on in our world. God is preparing hearts so pastors can preach the Word and lives will be changed. He is preparing hearts so when believers share the Gospel people will be open to it. Woo hoo! I am reminded this morning of the Great Commission given in Matthew 28. Verses sixteen through twenty read in the New International Version:

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

These words were spoken for all believers to follow. We are all called. He gave us authority to do what He did in bringing people into relationship with Him. We are to make disciples with those He puts in our path. The easiest way to do that is to love them with His love. People will desire to be in relationship with Him when they see how we live. They will desire His peace when they see us living it out. As people see us living in His empowerment that Paul speaks of in II Timothy 1:7 they will desire the same. It is not just pastors who are called to share Him with others but everyone. Pastors are called with specific gifts, places, etc. in mind. We all have different gifts to use as we share Christ but the one thing we have in common is His love. People need to experience His love and the best way for this to happen is for us to share it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that gets me through every moment of every day! Thank You for the opportunities You give me to love on others! Thank You for the privilege to bring Your Word this morning! As I always say, I don't like that it is because Doc is not able to preach but I sure do enjoy it. May You be greater than the cancer in his pancreas today. May You be the Soothing Balm he needs to get through the pain and 'chemo fog' he is experiencing. Father, I pray not only for him but all who are dealing with physical issues. I pray for them to have a support system here on earth along with You as their Support. Lord, cleanse me today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen and heard by my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I pray for all pastors preaching today to bring the message of salvation and sanctification. I pray they will allow You to be in control over the message brought forth. May You be their empowerment in a great way!  Thank You Jesus for being My Authority! Amen.

 

No comments: