Sunday, May 10, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 28 - "Thy Will"


With getting little sleep Friday night I was afraid I wouldn't wake up during the night Saturday night to pray so I prayed for pastors before going to bed. I prayed for all of them to preach the word boldly as God directs them. I asked God to give my pastor strength for today as the day was very tough with pain. I also asked Him to give him clarity in his thinking as he is struggling with 'chemo brain' so often these days. Mordecei got me up once and as I prayed the Lord directed me to pray for pastors who continue to struggle with doing internet preaching. He also had me pray for pastors who will struggle with it being Mother's Day and how to lead the service. Mother's Day is probably the most controversial subject in the life of the church. A pastor either puts too much emphasis on it or not enough. There are so many hurting people in this world. It seems like Mother's Day brings out more of the hurts than any other day. I prayed for pastors to be sensitive to the people but not let the them be who they serve. I prayed for them to follow God's will and allow Him to deal with the people's hearts. The saying 'hurting people hurt people' comes out in times such as today. I prayed for God to be the Soothing Balm upon the hurts. I prayed for pastors to stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit as II Timothy 1:7 speaks of. I also prayed for there to be no open doors for the enemy to go through. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 28. I rest in the promises of the last few verses...
6-7 Blessed be God
    he heard me praying.
He proved he’s on my side;
    I’ve thrown my lot in with him.
Now I’m jumping for joy,
    and shouting and singing my thanks to him.
8-9 God is all strength for his people,
    ample refuge for his chosen leader;
Save your people
    and bless your heritage.
Care for them;
    carry them like a good shepherd.
Yes! God hears our prayers! We can be joyful in that knowledge. We can be grateful knowing He not only hears our prayers but He stays close to us as we live out the answers. He will lead us in the path He desires for us. He will bless us as we allow Him to guide us. God's love for us is so great! He doesn't want to see us fail but instead desires to see us living in His glory. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for dying on the cross so I could live! Thank You for the day ahead! May You be blessed in abundance through me today! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a more intentional way today. I pray blessings over my Momma as she will be alone for Mother's Day and all mothers who are alone. I ask for Your comfort for them. I pray for all who are hurting today to allow You to be their Soothing Balm. It seems like there are more hurting than there are celebrating this day. God, be greater than the hurts. I pray for pastors who will be dealing with hurting people to be strong in You. Give them Your words. Lord, I pray for Doc to have a better day today. Yesterday was the 'pits' with the pain being so great. I pray for Amanda's Daddy who is also going through 'tough' days. Thank You for Rhonda blessing my Momma yesterday! Thank You for all the ways You bless me through others! Father, I pray a blessing over Doc and I as we do the sermon together this morning. May people have a change in their spirit from something that is said and may there be restoration in relationships that occur today. Father, be with those who are mourning from loss this past week. Kathy, Eddie, and Aaron lay heavy on my heart. Lord, I pray for opportunities today to share You with others even though we are self-quarantined. Thank You Jesus for being My Shepherd! Amen.

No comments: