Saturday, May 2, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; John 16:33 - "Strong"


I was so blessed yesterday as I watched a Facebook Live event with other Nazarene Pastor's wives. I felt His peace come down upon me in a mighty way. I knew others on the event would be praying for me after I shared a request for our situation. I needed that time of worship and praying. I needed the reminder that His peace is perfect. It gives encouragement and joy when you feel like you can't go on. It gives a sense of "I can do this" when there is no strength left in you. It gives hope when the future seems bleak. Plain and simple. His peace gives you exactly what You need.  In John 14 as Jesus talked to the disciples He told them not to fear but to be courageous. In The Passion Translation verse 27 ends with Don’t yield to fear or be troubled in your hearts—instead, be courageous! God doesn't give us a spirit of fear. He empowers us through His Holy Spirit. Paul tells us that in II Timothy 1:7. Throughout his life after conversion Paul was in jail many times for his beliefs. Yet he was never afraid. In fact, he continued his ministry while in jail. He had converts while in jail. There is a lot to learn from his life but perhaps the greatest lesson is the way he lived in God's empowerment to have His perfect peace no matter what happened in life. I desire that perfect peace. I need it. I am thankful for Scripture that encourages me greatly to live it out. Toward the end of Jesus' time on this earth before His death and resurrection He shared a lot of insight with His disciples. In The Passion Translation John 16:33 reads:
"And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world!”
Woo hoo God! When we are confident in Christ, we will be courageous. Yes! I desire to live in this manner. I desire to lean into Him for more of His strength. This morning I have the words to Strong going through my mind.

I'll be strong and courageous
I'll live my life for You my only King
'Cause You're my God through all the ages
Here am I, I am Yours
Send me

God gives all of us the opportunity to be courageous. He will empower all to stand in His strength through the Holy Spirit. The battles that come before us have already been won through Him. All we have to do is walk in obedience to His will and He will not only see us through them but empower us to have victory. As we live such a life, His perfect peace will be ours. People will see His peace through us as we live it out. Peace is something most people need in their lives. True peace is something that can only be found in God. As we share His love, we share His peace.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this gorgeous weather we continue to have! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that surrounds us! Thank You for being with Doc yesterday as he went through the CT scans! Thank You for being with us as we wait on the results! Lord, may today be the day his pain is lessened. Father, yesterday was a day full of emotions and I am grateful You were with me every moment of the day. Thank You for Cait who brought lasagna to us! May You bless her family in abundance! Thank You for the time with other pastor's wives that blessed me greatly! Thank You for those we saw as we dropped of goodies! Thank You for speaking to me yesterday multiple times! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be greater than any obstacles that come before me today. May Your peace shine brightly through me today. Lord, be with so many hurting people but especially be with those with spiritual needs. I pray for someone to go before them today who will make a difference in their spiritual life. Lord, may I not miss any opportunities You put before me today to love with Your love. Thank You Father for being My Perfect Peace! Amen.

No comments: