Thursday, May 7, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; James 1:2-3; Philippians 4:13 - "See A Victory"


Having an 'old' dog is very similar to having a baby in the house with getting up during the night. Although he is like a 'newborn' during the day with the way he sleeps so much. Sometimes I think God uses him to get me up during the night so I will spend time in prayer. Last night the theme of our time was loss. Most people during this time of the coronavirus are experiencing some type of loss. I prayed for many different ones during the night.
  • Loss of income - There are so many not working right now. A lot of them have not received unemployment nor the stimulus money that was promised. I prayed for them to be blessed by others and to seek God's wisdom on how to keep paying bills, putting food on the table, etc. On the other side of things there are people who are still receiving a paycheck even though they are not working and have received the stimulus money. I prayed for them to have God's wisdom as they make decisions on how to use their money and especially be willing to share with those less fortunate.
  • Loss of life - I prayed for those who have lost loved ones from the coronavirus and for all who have experienced a death and could not be with loved ones in their final hours. I also prayed for those grieving who are planning a service at a later date. Their grieving process is going to be harder due to not having any closure. My prayers for those who have lost loved ones due to suicide because of the virus were said with tears.
  • Loss of 'normalcy' - My heart breaks for seniors in both high school and college. They lost so much with not finishing out classes, sports, having senior prom, being able to walk across the stage to receive their diploma, having graduation parties, etc. They not only lost out on events but also financially with gifts, scouts not seeing them in sports for scholarships, etc. I also prayed for those who are dealing with disease in their body or their spouse. Hearing 'I just want to be normal' is hard. Praying for a day where you can do something like you use to do is hard when that doesn't happen.
  • Loss of interaction - There are many people, myself included, whose tank is filled up by human interaction. I was raised in a 'hugging' family. Therefore, that is my nature. Not being with others is hard for me. Two groups I prayed for during the night were teachers who are separated from their students and pastors separated from their people. 
  • Loss at Mother's Day - With the upcoming weekend being Mother's Day I prayed for people who have lost their mothers to reflect on the happy memories with them. I prayed for those who never knew their biological mother or those who have 'bad' memories of their mother to think about those who mothered them in life. I prayed they would show those ladies their appreciation. I also prayed for mothers who have lost children to be comforted. Some have given birth to children who never had a chance to live. Others their children were taken before they were grown while others lost adult children. A group of people many do not think about praying for are the ladies who have never been able to conceive. I prayed for all to feel God's comfort. I continue to pray for the Amish Momma who lost five children in the accident last week. Another group of ladies I prayed for during this time are mothers who have little to no contact with their children. My heart breaks for those with adult children who are too busy with life to make a call to their Momma and for the ones who are prodigals. Once again, I prayed for God's comfort to come down upon these ladies. The final group in this loss was for the mothers who are so stressed out with having spending 24/7 with their children during this time of the coronavirus. It is a different time for all of us. I am thankful my children are not little at this time where a mother has to teach them their school lessons. They would flunk if I had to show them how to do the math nowadays! 
  • Loss of physical and mental faculties - My heart breaks for those with loved ones who no longer know them. It also breaks for those who have some moments with memory yet others times being oblivious to life. I pray for all involved in such situations. I also pray for those who no longer have use of a limb, eye sight, etc. to have people to support them through the days of learning how to live with their new life. I prayed for the situation I am in where I can't seem to remember everything because of trying to get through the tough days with Doc's situation. I concentrate on things that are a 'must' but then miss other things. I get discouraged when I miss things like Ben and Emily's anniversary or when I don't get thank you cards out to people who bless us. God comforted me with these words, "Daughter, I am the Only One You need to please. Stay in my will." I pray for people to show me grace when I fail.
The Lord blessed me in abundance throughout this time of prayer. He encouraged me to reach out more to others. He reassured me that He hears my prayers. He revealed to me a new 'norm' was OK and what I needed to not only accept but to embrace. Of course, the tears flowed at that one but I know He continues to be my strength. As I looked at this picture of Doc and I at the daffodil field two or three months ago the tears start again. We haven't even been able to do anything like that for the last month. It seems like today is going to be another emotional day. Oh how I need God's strength. I need to be more intentional in walking in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit like II Timothy 1:7 proclaims over me. I need to be more joyful in the day ahead no matter what is in it as James 1:2-3 guides me. As I do, I will walk in His strength as Philippians 4:13 speaks over me. A new 'norm' for us on Thursdays is that because of the steroids Doc receives with chemo he is up before me. He blesses me with me waking to find my laptop beside me along with my vitamin water on the stand. He has his yogurt and then if he is up to eating I make us breakfast once I'm up. It is wonderful to have this time to 'soak' and allow God to fill my tank before starting the day. I am grateful for this new 'norm'! It's just another way God encourages through this time of loss of normalcy.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so much! Thank You for Doc's blood work being good enough to have another chemo treatment! Thank You for the cancer not spreading! Father, You already know my prayer but I cry it out to You again. May Your will be that he receive a healing in his body while still on this earth. Lord, You blessed us in abundance yesterday and for that we are so grateful. The cancer not spreading; chemo being done; cookies delivered from our friend David from Ohio; Chris doing our yard; a project completed...what a day full of blessings! God You are so good! Oh how I wish more people would realize Your love to the extent I do. The only way for me to experience it in this manner is to ask for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me every day. Father, may Your work be done in me so Your love can flow out of me today in a new, different way. May You be seen/heard through me today in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May someone desire You today through me. That would be the ultimate blessing! I pray blessings over Ben and Emily as they celebrate their fifteenth year of marriage and Mr Gavin who is celebrating his birthday today! Thank You Jesus for being My Blessing! Amen.

No comments: