Monday, May 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 6 - "Healer"


The Lord woke me once during the night to pray. When I asked Him who or what specifically to pray for, His response was my husband. As I prayed, I assumed it was for physical needs but soon He told me it was for spiritual breakthrough. He said, "Daughter I want to take him deeper in his walk with Me." Alrighty then. Woo hoo! When I shared this with Doc this morning, he said he had been praying for this too. That is confirmation of what the Lord desires. He wants all people to be in relationship with Him and He wants all to go deeper in that relationship. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 6. This Psalm is entitled "A Cry For Healing" and was a part of the daily prayer rituals of the Jews. It was not a cry for physical healing but rather a cry for spiritual healing. This should be all believer's prayer every day. It reads in The Passion Translation:

For the Pure and Shining One

A song for the end, sung for the new day by King David
No, Lord! Don’t condemn me.
Don’t punish me in your fiery anger.
Please deal gently with me, Yahweh;
show me mercy, for I’m sick and frail.
I’m fading away with weakness.
Heal me, for I’m falling apart.
How long until you take away this pain in my body and in my soul?
Lord, I’m trembling in fear!
Yahweh, return to me and deliver my life
because I know your faithful love is toward me.
How can I be any good to you dead?
For graveyards sing no songs.
In the darkness of death who remembers you?
How could I bring you praise if I’m buried in a tomb?
I’m exhausted and worn out with my weeping.
I endure weary, sleepless nights filled with moaning,
soaking my pillow with my tears.
My eyes of faith won’t focus anymore, for sorrow fills my heart.
There are so many enemies who come against me!
Go away! Leave me, all you troublemakers!
For the Lord has turned to listen to my thunderous cry.
Yes! Yahweh my healer has heard all my pleading
and has taken hold of my prayers and answered them all.
10 Now it’s my enemies who have been shamed.
Terror-stricken, they will turn back again,
knowing the bitterness of sudden disgrace!
This prayer shows David humbled before God. It shows him broken in not only his physical body but most importantly his spiritual body. As David cried out to God he realized no matter what was going on in his physical body he could handle it when his spiritual body was right with God. Matthew Henry wrote of the first part of Psalm 6:

Man is a sinner, his case can only be reached by mercy; and never is mercy more illustrious than in restoring backsliders. With good reason we may pray, that if it be the will of God, and he has any further work for us or our friends to do in this world, he will yet spare us or them to serve him. To depart and be with Christ is happiest for the saints; but for them to abide in the flesh is more profitable for the church.

Wow, God! Sometimes the physical issues we have on this earth can distract us from what God desires of us. We cannot allow that to happen. Instead we must stand firm in our faith. We must stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit of II Timothy 1:7. We must allow God to show us what He desires of us. We must pray for Him to show us His will and then we must walk in it. Verse nine confirms this. Yes! Yahweh my healer has heard all my pleading and has taken hold of my prayers and answered them all. When we pray for His will, He will answer our prayers. His will is what is best for us. His will is what we all need to desire to walk in. His will is where we will find a blessed life. Plain and simple. His will is perfect. I find hope in Matthew Henry's last statement. To depart and be with Christ is happiest for the saints; but for them to abide in the flesh is more profitable for the church. God is not done with Doc yet. He has more for him to do and will bless him as he draws deeper in his relationship with Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time of prayer for my husband during the middle of the night! Thank You for giving me this Scripture this morning that encourages me greatly! Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for Doc preaching yesterday! Thank You for working things out with the video when we 'messed up'! Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday afternoon! Thank You for the way You will cleanse us today so You can ooze out of us in a new, different way! Thank You for being such a loving God! Lord, may You be our words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May You be seen/heard today in a more intentional way. Lord, do not let our physical ailments distract from what You desire of us. Thank You Jesus for being Our Healer! Amen.

No comments: