Friday, May 8, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:13; I Peter 1:16 - "Goodness of God"


Yesterday was not anything like I expected. God blessed me in abundance throughout the day with Doc feeling good. He asked if I wanted to do something and I said "Yes! How soon should I be ready to go?" We left around noon and checked on the electric situation at the church building then headed out of town. I drove all over the place for the next five hours. He had read my post about peaches and got on the internet to see where the closest farm market was to us. There were done of the peach ones but he found one an hour away so that was our goal. We saw places of our beautiful area we had never seen before. We did find the farm market and they had a handful of South Carolina peaches. They were small but pretty. Expensive but we were on a 'date' so 'it's only money' was said. We picked up pimento cheese spread and crab dip along with some crackers and had them for lunch. We stopped at another little farm market that I went in but no peaches there, only expensive produce. We also stopped at a little store I checked out but nothing exciting there. As I drove, we talked and laughed. On the way back through town we stopped again to check on the building, picked up subs for supper, and went home for Doc to go back to bed after being up all afternoon. It was an awesome afternoon. Definitely not like I expected the day to go. What a pleasant surprise! He was painfree until evening and didn't take a hot bath or pain pill until bedtime. Woo hoo, God! Thursdays are usually better days than most with the steroids kicking in after chemo but yesterday was a God gift to us. One we opened up with pleasure. God desires to bless everyone. He desires to see us thrive. Not necessarily does He desire to see us living a 'happy' life but He definitely desires us to live a 'holy' life. That is what I strive to do every day. Just like I told our Wednesday night group I may not always succeed but the more I strive to live a holy life, the better I will become at it. I know there are a lot of people who don't understand how anyone can live a 'holy' life because they see it as being perfect all the time. Jesus walked on this earth as man yet He was holy. He was without sin so He was holy. We walk this earth but we cannot be without sin yet we can still strive to be holy. I've heard the question, 'Why try to do something you can't succeed at?' My answer is because we are called to be. I Peter 1:16 has His words, "Be holy for I am holy" (NIV). Being holy means to be consecrated or to live a life set apart for God. It means to be sold-out to Him so He is the One to make all decisions in your life. It means not making a decision without His input first. When one lives in this way, they do not allow others to sway the way they live but instead depend upon Him. In the beginning of such a life it can be hard for some because they don't fully walk in holiness. They still try to hang onto things so they have control. There is still manipulation that occurs for things to go 'their' way. But when one totally gives of themselves life is glorious. There is such freedom in living in His will. You never have to make decisions on your own, worry about what to say or do, etc. Instead you live in the knowledge that He is in control of everything. You stand upon His empowerment of II Timothy 1:7; His wisdom and direction of Proverbs 3:5-6; and His strength in Philippians 4:13. Woo hoo! This is the life God desires for all to experience. I pray every day for a cleansing in my spirit so He can fill me with more of Him. I pray as I live the life He has called me to live people will see and desire the same. I pray as people see how I respond to challenges in life they will also know I see them as opportunities to draw deeper in my faith and shine brightly for Him. Oh how I pray for people to know Him and once they go into relationship with Him they will get to the end of themselves so He can live in and through them in the way He so desires.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You poured Your blessings over us yesterday with Doc having a good day! Thank You for him getting through the day without a hot bath or pain pill until bedtime! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation we saw for the first time yesterday on our drive! Thank You for Chris who worked in our yard again yesterday! Thank You for opportunities You gave me to minister to people last evening! Lord, today is a new day. I desire to live a life sold-out to You. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts be Yours today. May You shine brightly through me. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I pray for Erica and her family with her mother being life flighted. I ask that You be with: Emily Howard as she goes for X-rays this morning; Craig and Vance as they continue with the challenges faced to regain strength in their bodies; Doc, Lisa, Linda, Mike, David, and many others who are battling C; Norma; Kathy and others who have lost loved ones; and especially those with spiritual needs. My heart broke as I read about how Monday was the highest amount of calls to an abuse hotline than ever before in history. There is so much stress, turmoil, and hatred in this world. Father, forgive us for not sharing Your love more when we have opportunity to do so. Forgive our country for the way You have been shunned out of our society. Oh Father, how I pray for Your return to be sooner than later. Thank You Father for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: