Wednesday, May 27, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 100 - "Survivor"


The Lord woke me up to the words of Survivor that Zach Williams sings along with the urgency to read Psalm 100.

Now I'm alive and born again
Rescued from the grip of sin
God your love came crashing in
And pulled me out of the fire
I'm a survivor

Last night as I was doing some Bible study I was reading about how the only way to go to heaven is to be in right relationship with Him. It is imperative for all believers to share this knowledge so people will go to heaven instead of hell. If we don't share His love, we are failing Him. Psalm 100 reads in The Passion Translation:

Lift up a great shout of joy to the Lord!
Go ahead and do it—everyone, everywhere!
As you serve him, be glad and worship him.
Sing your way into his presence with joy!
And realize what this really means—
we have the privilege of worshiping the Lord our God.
For he is our Creator and we belong to him.
We are the people of his pleasure.
You can pass through his open gates with the password of praise.
Come right into his presence with thanksgiving.
Come bring your thank offering to him
and affectionately bless his beautiful name!
For the Lord is always good and ready to receive you.
He’s so loving that it will amaze you—
so kind that it will astound you!
And he is famous for his faithfulness toward all.
Everyone knows our God can be trusted,
for he keeps his promises to every generation!

We, as believers, have much to be thankful for! When we accept Jesus into our heart, we can praise Him in a whole new way. As we live for Him, He gives us much to praise Him for. He is there for us both when life becomes 'tough' and when life is going along well. His love covers all hurts and all victories. I love the words to this song...
 
You're my God
You're my fighter 
You make me a survivor

Yes! He is all we need to survive the things that happen in this life. He is faithful to us as we are faithful to Him. We cannot allow the circumstances of life to pull us away from Him. That is what the enemy desires but not what God intends for us. We need to stand upon the knowledge that the Holy Spirit is here to empower us through anything that happens. Paul tells us in II Timothy 1:7 that God empowers us with His love as we allow Him. He gives us exactly what we need when we give Him free reign of our life. As we live in His presence, He is continually there for us. That in itself is reason for us to praise Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You bless us! Thank You for the cards of encouragement yesterday from Colette, Beth, and Marsha! Thank You for Marsha blessing us with the gift card! Thank You for Doc being blessed last night by his call with Brother Dan! Thank You for giving us the opportunity to walk in Your presence on the road of obedience! Lord, I pray for Your blessing over Doc today as he goes for treatment. Lord, go before him and if this is not in Your will then stop it from happening. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so there is nothing between You and I. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. May You be greater than anything that comes my way. Thank You Jesus for being My Fighter! Amen.


No comments: