Saturday, May 30, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Holy Water"


I woke up this morning with these words from the song Holy Water going through my mind...

Your forgiveness
Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips
Like the sound of a symphony to my ears
Like holy water on my skin, hey!

His forgiveness is the best thing to experience. When you know you've done wrong or just aren't living right and He cleanses your spirit, life becomes different. You see things in a new way and experience life differently. When You allow Him to be the Lord of Lords and King of Kings of your life, you realize life is not about what you desire but rather what He desires of you. Woo hoo! There is freedom in such a life that can only be found through a life sold out to Him. His love becomes all you desire. This type of life is experienced by standing upon II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment and love. It is a life where people see Him living in and through you and will desire the same. As one lives this type of life for Christ, there are still mountains and valleys to endure. It is there faith goes deeper and trust becomes greater. He is always with us is such a blessing. His love enables us to get through 'tough' times. There is nothing we go through that He hasn't already been through. He knows the aches and pains of our heart in a way no one else can. He knows our thoughts even before we speak them. He knows our sadness with what we deal with. Plain and simple. He knows. That is a blessing to realize. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for being with me as I tried to get the tire situation taken care of! Father, I need You to open doors for resolve this. I need Your wisdom on what to do. Thank You for being with Doc as he continued to be sick yesterday! I pray he will feel better today with no nausea and that he will be able to eat. I pray for one in Hospice that needs a spiritual healing before leaving this earth. I pray You will put someone before her today that will make a difference for her. May You be greater than the hurt in her heart. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a new, different way. Thank You for being My Holy Water! Amen.

No comments: