Tuesday, December 1, 2015

James 1:2-4 - "Overwhelmed"


Last night was a night full of praying...so many people who are going through some tough things in life...

  • Family of little Levi who has Down's Syndrome and is having heart surgery today
  • Family of little Liam who starts radiation treatments Monday
  • Family of little Natalie who is in remission
  • Family of the 14 year old with a sudden death
  • My friend who is in the ER awaiting transfer to St. V's 
  • My friend recuperating from back surgery
  • My friend who is having surgery this morning and her mother who is also having surgery
  • My friend who is going through a divorce with her alcoholic husband
  • My friend who is dealing with her husband having a sexual identity crisis
  • My friend who has a bleed on her brain
  • Those with children who are struggling to provide food for the table let alone gifts for under the Christmas tree
These were the things I prayed for during the night. I thought of James 1:2-4 as I prayed for each one of these. The Lord tells us to "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." It is hard to understand how anyone can be joyful during difficult times but when we think of the end result it is possible! Each time after I finished praying the song "Overwhelmed" came to me. As we go through the tough days life is a whole lot easier when we are in relationship with Him. Hearing His voice...feeling His touch...knowing He is with us...


I hear the sound of Your Voice
All at once it's a gentle and thundering noise oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming

It can feel very overwhelming to get through tough times but that is a whole different feeling of overwhelming than being in His presence. When we are overwhelmed in His presence, it is the feeling of being overwhelmed in a good sense. 

I delight myself in You
In the Glory of Your Presence
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
And God I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
There is no one more Beautiful
You are the most Beautiful

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. As I was writing this I found out my friend with the bleeding on the brain came to be with You. I know the angels are rejoicing but I also know her family needs You in a special way. Lord, I pray they will be overwhelmed in the good sense with Your love today and the days ahead. I also pray You will be so real to my friend in the ER. Father, as I prayed II Timothy 1:7 over her this morning I pray she was empowered to allow You to give her peace. Lord, today is Your day. You have already given me opportunity to be You to a few people and I am so grateful. Lord, I pray for more opportunities today to share Your love with others. Thank You for Your prompting to stop at the store. Even though the purpose was not to buy anything I knew when I saw the gentleman struggling to get to his car my purpose was to be You to him. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Overwhelm Me! Amen.

No comments: