Friday, December 25, 2015

Hebrews 6:16-18 - "When Hope Came Down"


Christmas....that word means so many different things to people. It actually has different meanings to us as our lives change. As a child, I remember the excitement of not only getting gifts but I loved taking my quarter to the bank each Saturday so I would get a Christmas Club check to go shopping for my family. Things have changed as far as prices go but I still enjoy giving to loved ones. Then when I had my own children it was so much fun to hide the gifts until time for them to be opened. Now with grandchildren I am blessed with watching them open their gifts. Christmas is a time to reflect...to think about the wonderful memories made over the years...to ache for those who are no longer with us yet be excited to know we will be with them for eternity. This year I made my Daddy's holiday cakes for the first time...I use to love helping him make them. This year I had black tights in my stocking just like my Daddy use to give me. Memories of the past are so wonderful to have. I am also blessed with new memories made and look forward to making more as long as I am on this earth. 

Dear Jesus,
I pray comfort for those who are hurting today...those who are alone...those who feel there is no hope for them...those who are struggling financially...touch each one in a special way. Lord, I pray for someone to say or do something for them that will make a difference in their life. Father, even though there are no plans on leaving the house today I pray for opportunities to be You to others. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You. Give me Your attitude...enable me to forgive those who have hurt me with their words or actions...cleanse me of anything that is not of You. In Your precious name I pray healing in my body...I pray for the back pain to glorify You in some way. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: