Thursday, December 10, 2015

Romans 8 - "There Is Power In The Name of Jesus (Break Every Chain)"


12:36AM.....bing....I get woke up from the Lord telling me to pray for a family that went through a divorce a few years ago. The word He gave me for them was 'reconciliation' which did not make sense. The wife has remarried so they cannot reconcile. But then He told me there needs to be forgiveness in their hearts in order for the children to not go through such hurt as they are going through. Once again that doesn't make sense to me because they seem to 'get along for the children's sake' but I have not seen them in person for years. The Lord knows what is needed and I will not argue with Him! I fell back to sleep only to be woke up again at 2:15 with Him telling me to check my messages. That is not something I usually do in the middle of the night but I want to be obedient so I did. There was a message from a young lady asking me to pray for her boyfriend who needs the Lord. As I started praying for Him the song "There Is Power In the Name of Jesus...Break Every Chain" came to me. "There's an army rising up..." Yes! Her and I are an army of prayer warriors for this young man. We are going to pray to "break every chain" the enemy has in His life. As I told her, there is power in numbers. Back to sleep I went until I woke up coughing. As I laid there the Lord brought a man to my mind that has been battling an illness for the last few weeks. He said, "He will not get physically well until he gets right with me." Oh my....how I started praying so hard for him to do just that. As I was praying, the Lord brought another man to me with the same response. This man has been battling for years with an illness. Once again the Lord said, "He will not get physically well until he gets right with me."  The Lord told me both of these men need to get addicted to Him instead of the things they are addicted to. He had me praying for the soul of a man I don't know that I have ever met before but is being abusive to his disabled wife. That prayer took me to praying for another man who is being abusive to his disabled wife. Yes there are some physical issues involved in these prayers but most of all there are a lot of spiritual issues that need taken care of. It takes a toll of me when praying for spiritual issues of others. I feel so helpless yet so powerful at the same time. I feel helpless when the Lord tells me I am to only pray not speak to people. I feel helpless when He tells me to speak to people and it is like I am talking to a brick wall. But I feel powerful when I think about my prayers being a tool in the Lord's process of breaking the chains of sin out of people's lives. I am praying for these ones to live out Romans 8.

Dear Jesus,
"There Is Power In the Name of Jesus...Break Every Chain" is my song today. I am asking in Your name to empower these ones to break the chain of sin in their lives. I am praying in Your name for people's eyes and hearts to be opened up to the cleansing that comes through You. Lord, fill me to overflowing with You today. Use my words...oh wait, I don't have a voice...LOL. Use me in whatever way You desire. I may not have a voice but that does not stop me from praying! Thank You Father for being The One To Empower Me! Amen.

No comments: