Saturday, December 12, 2015

John 16:33; I John 4:4-6 - "Bless Me Indeed"

Today is a great day! Today is a day where many lives will be touched. Unfortunately, there will be conflict along the way. It is a given when dealing with people who need the Lord to be the center of their attention. I have prayed over the toys, the building, for the workers ...everything and asked the Lord to be so very real to all involved. Yes, there will be conflict but the way we handle the conflict is key. In Acts 6, people were mad because they felt like the widows were not getting the food they needed. There will be people today who get mad because they aren't getting the toys they want or someone else is getting something they want. The conflict in Acts 6 changed the way the food was distributed. We have made changes to the ways the toys will be distributed. Those changes will bring about conflict because it is not the way it has always been done. The most important thing we can do today is be Jesus to each and every one we meet. How can we do that in the midst of conflict? Simple. First we need to love as Jesus loved no matter what people say or do to us. Second we need to rely on John 16:33...

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

There are hidden images in this picture that show us we can have peace in the midst of a storm. (1-a little bird found a hiding place in the cleft of the rock; 2-our Rock; 3-His cross; 4-His empty tomb.) There is also a beastly image in the picture that represents evil. 

Today I am standing on I John 4:4-6...
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day that is ahead. Thank You for the opportunities to be You to so many today. Father, may Your words be my words. May Your attitude be my attitude. Bless me with more of You so I can be You to all who I come in contact with today. I pray for each and every worker to not only have a smile on their face but most importantly to have a smile in their heart. I pray for each one to be blessed in abundance with You. Lord, I pray for my physical body to not be a distraction to what You desire of me. I pray for my emotional body to stay in check. I pray for my mental body to be intact. I pray for my spiritual body to be full to overflowing. Lord, please bless me with Your love, grace and mercy. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: