Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Isaiah 43:1-3 - "I Am Not Alone"

Yesterday a friend shared Scripture with me that the Lord gave to her while she was praying for us... 
But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel:“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:1-3

I love the promises found in these verses. There is such a richness and depth in these words. First of all, with these words being the Lord's own words there is richness in them. All of the Bible was inspired by Him but when You read the words that flow from His mouth there is something even more special in them. Secondly, the promise in these verses cover a multitude of things we may go through on this earth. It is interesting how He breaks down water and fire. He knows there are times we will go through tough stuff. He refers that to 'the waters' but then the even tougher things of life He refers to as 'the rivers.' The same goes with fire. There will be tough times ('fire') but then there also will be times where perhaps we stay in 'fire' for awhile yet the 'flames' won't get us. How can this be? The answer is found in the beginning part of the Scripture. We must not fear but instead remember He has called us and will never leave us. Woo hoo! What a blessed place to live...knowing He is with me at all times....knowing He is greater than the 'junk' the world throws my way...knowing He will grow me through times and turmoils. "I Am Not Alone" comes to my mind this morning.

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for not only forming me but for always being with me. Thank You for protecting me, leading me through tough times and most of all for growing me through tough times. You are so awesome Lord in all You do for me. I pray I am a blessing to You in the way I live. I pray You are proud of me. Lord, I ask for more of You to be in me. I ask that You would ooze out of everything I do, every word I say. I pray for Your attitude to be my attitude. Oh Father, I love You so much and depend upon Your strength each and every day. Lord, draw me closer to You..take me deeper in my walk with You...reveal to me what You want of me this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: