Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Psalm 37 - "Overwhelmed"


What blessings the Lord gave me yesterday...

  • Having the opportunity to pray with a friend in the ER
  • Seeing several of my Mercy friends who I miss being with
  • Finding out a prayer for a house to sell was answered
  • Following the lead of the Holy Spirit which in turn led me to be a blessing to a 96 year old gentleman
  • Being asked to pray for several serious prayer requests
  • Spending time with friends for group time
  • Having a prayer request given for a teen with a brain injury who was taken into surgery with the possibility of not making it...finding out he is in stable condition
  • Answered prayers for a sweet little guy Levi who has Down's Syndrome and had successful heart surgery yesterday
  • Physical strength to drive and walk at the hospital


I love the direction Psalm 37 gives. Verses three through nine tell us to trust, commit, be still and refrain from anger.

Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
    do not fret—it leads only to evil.
For those who are evil will be destroyed,
    but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

Verses twenty-three and twenty-four tell us how one who surrenders their life to Him will live.



23 The Lord makes firm the steps
    of the one who delights in him;
24 though he may stumble, he will not fall,
    for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Verse thirty-four through forty gives a clear picture of the future in eternity for those who live a surrendered life.

34 Hope in the Lord
    and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
    when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.
35 I have seen a wicked and ruthless man
    flourishing like a luxuriant native tree,
36 but he soon passed away and was no more;
    though I looked for him, he could not be found.
37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright;
    a future awaits those who seek peace.
38 But all sinners will be destroyed;
    there will be no future for the wicked.
39 The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord;
    he is their stronghold in time of trouble.
40 The Lord helps them and delivers them;
    he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
    because they take refuge in him.

Verse four is where I live....Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. What a blessing to live a life of surrender! Yesterday was a perfect example of living out this verse. This morning as I look back over everything that took place yesterday I am so blessed. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being who You are in my life. Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday. I pray I was a blessing to You. Lord, I pray for anything that is in me that is not of You to be cleansed out. I pray for any opportunity I missed yesterday to be You to be forgiven. Father, fill me to overflowing so I can be more of a servant for You. Lord, I pray a continued blessing upon my prayers. I pray for my lost loved ones to find you. I pray for those who are pretending to be in relationship to truly surrender everything to You and realize the blessings of being with You. Thank You for the answered prayers. Thank You for being My Delight! Amen.



No comments: