Friday, December 4, 2015

John 14:13-14 - "There Is Power"


Lincoln Brewster sings a song called "There Is Power"...

There is power 
In the name of Jesus
There is power
Power in His name


I have seen that power work so many times, over and over. Last night was one of those times. Over and over again I said "In the name of Jesus enable me to get through this..." Over and over again He did just that. I did not fall apart in tears but instead enjoyed talking with friends from across our District family. I was blessed with all of the words of encouragement as many told me they were praying for me. As I looked around the room, I prayed for different ones who I know are going through some tough situations in their families and churches. Deaths of loved ones, illness in themselves or family members, turmoil in their church, etc. are all things I prayed for. As I was praying, it was so cool that the Lord reminded me there were people in the room praying for me. Woo hoo! It is so awesome to be a part of this District family. The support given to one another goes a long way. 

As I think about the power in His name, I am amazed at the times where His power was shown through me verbalizing it. The times He healed people, had a kidney stone pass, comforted people, etc. have all been a blessing. But what about the times that didn't happen? Why does it happen sometimes and sometimes not? In the fourteenth chapter of John where Jesus is speaking to His disciples He tells Philip, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." Alrighty then. If Jesus says 'whatever you ask in my name...' then when we ask for something in His name why does He not give it? I have pleaded with Him, asked Him in His name, cried out to Him, etc. to take away this tingling yet it is still with me. Why? I believe it is because He wants to be glorified in a great way. To me as I think about Him stopping the tingling it would be a great thing but maybe it just wouldn't be great enough. Maybe He needs me to learn something through the process that I haven't learned yet. Maybe He needs for someone to see me dealing with this that hasn't seen me yet. Maybe He needs for me to proclaim something that I haven't proclaimed yet. Maybe... I don't have the answers but I do have Him to lean upon. I have Him to wipe away my tears. I have Him to give me peace. I have Him...

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today that everything that happens in my life is in Your hands. Thank You for the reminder that everything that happens in my life will be in Your time as I live in Your will. Woo hoo! Oh Father, that is so exciting to think about. You are in control. In an instant You could fix the area of my brain that is not connecting. Oh Lord be glorified through me today. Be glorified in every word, every step, my attitude...everything about me today. "There is power in the name of Jesus...there is power, power in His name..." Those are words I am holding onto so tightly. Lord, in Your Holy Name I pray You will be glorified through all I do throughout this day. If a healing in my body occurs, praise Your Holy Name but if it doesn't I will praise Your Holy Name too! Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment! Amen.


No comments: