Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Ephesians 6 - "King of My Heart"


Yesterday was full of prayer requests coming in. As I added them to my already long list I was overwhelmed for the depths of some of these situations. Oh how I pray the Lord will return soon. Love and the Outcome sings a song entitled "King of My Heart" that goes like this...

‘Cause You are
Bigger than any battle I'm facing
You are
Better than anything I've been chasing
Savior and Royalty
The only hope for me
Jesus, You are, You are
The King of my heart, heart
The King of my heart, heart


This morning I am praying for many who need to live out these words in their time of turmoil.

  • The young many newly diagnosed with cancer. 
  • The wife who just lost her husband to cancer.
  • Little Liam who is battling his disease.
  • Little Rebecca who is battling her disease.
  • The family who has two with breast cancer.
  • The family who has multiple ones with cancer plus a death.
  • The young lady with the turmoil in her relationship with her mother.
  • The couple contemplating divorce.
  • The wife and daughter who are facing their first Christmas after a divorce.
  • The many who are facing Christmas after the death of a loved one and in some families two loved ones. 
  • The families who face the holidays without loved ones with them due to addiction.
  • The nine year old girl having uncontrolled seizures and unable to walk.
  • Little Levi who is recuperating from heart surgery.
  • The one going through medical testing and struggling with waiting on test results.
  • The lady who thought she was done having children but recently found out she is pregnant.
  • The two disabled women being mistreated by their husbands.
  • The woman going through cancer testing this week.
As I pray for all of these, I first prayed for the spiritual life. I pray they will not only know the Lord is with them but most importantly be in a relationship with Him where they hear His voice. I also pray they will be able to sing these words and believe them in their own life...

I'm in a war every minute
I know for sure I'll never win it
I am David up against Goliath
And it's a fight for my attention
I'm being pulled every direction
This world tells me trust what I can see
Lord, won't You help me 
Believe what I believe

Ephesians 6 gives clear direction on how to stand up against the 'Goliath's' that come into our lives. Some of them are from the enemy but others are put before us by God to strengthen our faith. We must put on the full Armor of God...the belt of truth...the breastplate of righteousness...feet fitted with the Gospel of peace...the shield of faith...helmet of salvation...sword of the Spirit and most of all prayer.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the King of My Heart! Thank You for dying so I could live! Thank You for all of the ways You bless me! Thank You for being who You are in my life! Lord, I pray for those who are facing 'Goliath's' right now in their life. I pray You will empower them to knock their 'Goliath' down swiftly. Lord, fill them to overflowing with more of You just as I ask for myself each and every day. Ooze out of them so the world will see You are their strength. Lord, I need the same for me. I don't want anyone to ever doubt that You are the King of My Heart! Lord, direct my words and steps today. Thank You for being the King of My Heart! Amen.

No comments: