Friday, December 11, 2015

Job 3 - "Move"

I woke up this morning with a song Mercy Me sings called "Move" on my lips....

I'm not about to give up
Because I heard you say
There's gonna be brighter days
There's gonna be brighter days
I wont stop, I'll keep my head up
No, I'm not here to stay
There's gonna be brighter days
There's gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but I won't break
As long as I can see your face

Yesterday was a tough day for me as I dealt with a reaction to a medication. I thought I was going to die. That would not have been a bad thing to get to leave this earth...LOL. This morning the Lord took me to Job 3. This is one of the chapters that reads about Job complaining about everything in his life. I try to not complain but I know as a human being I do from time to time. As I read this chapter I got the picture of Job sitting in a corner feeling sorry for himself and having the 'woe is me' attitude. He had pulled away from God and was finding himself with no hope. The only way we can have hope is to have Jesus in our hearts. No matter what comes our way when we have Him we know we will be OK. If He chooses to keep us on this earth, He will give us the strength to get through whatever lies ahead. If He chooses to take us off of this earth, we will be with Him for eternity. But what about those who have no hope? It saddens me to think about my friends and family who refuse Him. The life they live on this earth could be so different if they were in relationship with Him. Most importantly eternal life would be different. Matthew Henry writes about Job 3, "Grace teaches us in the midst of life's greatest comforts, to be willing to die, and in the midst of its greatest crosses, to be willing to live. Blessed be God, the earth is full of his goodness, though full of man's wickedness. This life may be made tolerable if we attend to our duty. We look for eternal mercy, if willing to receive Christ as our Saviour." No matter what comes our way we must keep our focus on Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with me yesterday. Thank You for breathe today. Thank You for the knowledge I have of hope in this world. Thank You for Your love, grace and mercy. Lord, fill me to overflowing with You. May Your words be my words. May You direct my steps to wherever You desire me to go. Lord, give me Your wisdom. Father, thank You for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: