Saturday, December 19, 2015

Romans 15:3 - "You Are"

I woke up this morning praying for a dear friend who asked me to pray for her today. She has been in pain over the last few months and today is ministering and needing His strength to get through the day. As I started praying, the Lord changed my prayers from "help her to get through this day" to "enable her to be pain-free in this day so she can focus on the ministry she has been called to do." What a difference in those two prayers. One is about survival while the other one is about thriving in the circumstances ahead. Yesterday as I prayed for a family burying a loved one I was reminded of a family whose wife/mother passed three years ago. I prayed for the Lord to touch them as they miss her so much. Later in the day I came upon this picture...


As I read this, I thought about how we don't know what everyone needs prayer for but the Holy Spirit does. When He prompts us to pray for someone, we need to be obedient. When He prompts us to tell someone we have prayed for them, we need to obedient no matter how weird it may seem. It could be the difference in night and day for them. A simple "I'm praying for you" could make the difference if they will continue on or give up on the circumstance they are facing. Colton Dixon sings a song called "You Are" that says how discouragement can be turned into encouragement by turning our problems over to the Lord.

When I can't find the words 
To say how much it hurts 
You are the healing in my heart 
When all that I can see are broken memories 
You are the light that's in the dark 
I praise His Holy Name for always being there for me. I also praise His Holy Name for people who pray for me. Sometimes they know what I need prayer for and sometimes not. No matter what, I am grateful for prayers. I am grateful for people who don't have to know details yet are willing to pray. I am grateful for people who have prayed for years for me. Most of all I am grateful that the Lord knows my needs and provides peace throughout difficult situations. Peace in knowing whatever is ahead is His will and way for me. Woo hoo!
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You care for Your children so greatly. You not only provide for our needs but for many desires of our heart. You are so awesome! Lord, I pray for my dear friend today who is ministering in pain. I pray the pain in her back would be gone. In Your Name I pray for her to be pain-free as she ministers. I pray whatever is causing the pain in her back to be removed. Lord, I also pray for my dear sister who had the funeral of her mother-in-law yesterday and today is officiating a wedding. I pray Your strength to be her strength. I pray for the family get togethers that will be happening today. Lord, may You be the center of them. I pray Romans 15:13 over people today..."May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Empower people to be filled with You! Father, I am not sure where You will take me today but I pray people will see You in me. Fill me to overflowing with You. Thank You, Lord, for being My Light In This Dark World. Amen.

No comments: