Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Psalm 18 - "Overcome/Psalm 18


The words David spoke in Psalm 18 are words of gratitude and love to His Heavenly Father. He used descriptive words like "strength...fortress...deliverer...rock...refuge...shield...horn of my salvation...stronghold" in the first two verses. He praised the Lord for protecting him from his enemies in verse three. David was in a place where he did not know if he would survive. When he cried out to God, he was not only heard but answered. Why did God save David? First it was because God "delighted in" him (vs. 19). The second reason is found in verses twenty through twenty-four. 
20 The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
    according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord;
    I am not guilty of turning from my God.
22 All his laws are before me;
    I have not turned away from his decrees.
23 I have been blameless before him
    and have kept myself from sin.
24 The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
    according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
"Righteousness and cleanness of my hands" are exactly why God saved David from his enemies. He lived the way God desired him to live. He walked the road of obedience to God's will. Yes David made mistakes along the way but temptation does not go away when one lives a life of holiness. It is still there. We have to pray every day for God to cleanse us so He can fill us with more of Himself. It takes work to fight the temptations put before us. The enemy works overtime as we walk the road of obedience. He finds out our weaknesses and preys on them. I love verse twenty-eight of this chapter. It reads, "You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." He is our strength. He is the One who will enable us to stand up to temptation. With Him, nothing can tear us down (vs. 29). He will keep us secure as we walk in His ways (vs. 30-36). He will give us victory over our enemies when we allow Him (vs. 37-50). Verse fifty is a promise David hung onto throughout life. "He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing love to his anointed, to David and to his descendants forever." Woo hoo! I embrace this promise. When I think of David, I think of the stories of him as a shepherd boy caring for his sheep and slaying Goliath. But I also think of the times he gave into temptation like with Bathsheba. He was not perfect until he was glorified with the Lord. We cannot be perfect until our time of death takes us from this earth. But we can be walking the road of obedience to His will, seeking perfection. That is the life all need to live. Not just some but all. Not just pastors and leaders in the church but all. Not just when we feel like it but at all time. Not just when the enemy comes knocking at our door but even in the 'good' times of life. God will delight in those who walk in His will. He will protect them from the enemy. That does not mean He will stop the enemy from tempting us. It is during those times our faith will grow stronger and we will draw nearer to God. I want to be more like David. I want to strive to live for God every day of my time on this earth. I desire to love God in the way David did so I can pour out my praises to Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from Psalm 18. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You woke me with an urgency to study this Scripture this morning. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a different, new way. Lord, You know what is ahead and I pray Your strength and empowerment not only physically but also mentally, emotionally, and financially. I pray for my doctor appointment to go well but Father if there is something not of the ordinary than give me the strength to do whatever needs done. I pray for many who are going through tough days. My friend Amy with the death of her dear Momma; Ellen who was put back in ICU; Darlene with the death of her Daddy; Little Richie, Little Natalie, Dale, Billie, Mike, Roberta, and many others who continue battling cancer; one with possible prostate cancer; those who are dreading Thanksgiving due to family issues, loneliness, etc. Father, may You wrap Your loving arms around all of these ones. I pray for people to share Your love with them so they will feel loved. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Delights In Me! Amen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DR WALE, vreau să-ți mulțumesc pentru tot binele pe care l-ai făcut familiei mele. Părinții mei întâmpinau dificultăți în a-și găsi echilibrul, dar nimic nu părea să funcționeze pentru ei. S-au separat, iar acest lucru a fost extrem de greu pentru noi, copiii. Ne doream să-i vedem din nou împreună, așa că am apelat la DR WALE, deoarece el o ajutase pe sora mea să-și salveze căsnicia atunci când avea probleme cu soțul ei. Așadar, l-am contactat pe DR WALE pentru a vedea dacă ne poate reuni părinții. Când am luat legătura cu el, ne-a întrebat de cât timp erau separați părinții noștri. I-am spus că de șase ani. A zis că asta nu e o problemă. După ce totul a fost finalizat, am descoperit că cea mai bună prietenă a mamei noastre fusese cea care făcuse tot posibilul ca părinții noștri să nu mai fie împreună. Dar, datorită lui Dr. Wale, părinții noștri sunt în sfârșit din nou împreună. Acum suntem uniți ca o familie mare. Dacă părinții tăi sunt divorțați și vrei să se împace, Dr. Wale este persoana potrivită pe care să o contactezi. Îl poți contacta pe Dr. Wale prin WhatsApp sau Viber la +2347054019402 ori prin e-mail la drwalespellhome@gmail.com