Sunday, November 4, 2018

Psalm 119:9-16 - "Overwhelmed"

Before I went to sleep I prayed for pastors and then the Lord woke me during the night to pray for them. He had "Overwhelmed" going through my mind both times and again this morning. There are some awesome things happening in some pastor's lives that I am sure make them feel "overwhelmed" yet blessed. I love reading and hearing of the testimonies of what God is doing supernaturally through the ministry of Dan Bohi's team, Rob McCorkle, Corey Jones, and some others who have allowed the Lord to work through them. The pastors of the churches where these things are happening are revived in their spirit through God's work through ones who are willing to allow the Holy Spirit to empower them. The people who see/hear of what is happening are also revived. A renewal is happening in many lives but most importantly an awakening of what is needed in our spirits is happening. God is greater than the enemy. The Lord's return is coming soon. These two things are key in how we, as believers, need to live. The Lord had me pray for more pastors to receive the blessing of renewal in their spirits. He also had me pray for more pastors to release control of their ministry to Him. There are many pastors who are "overwhelmed" in a negative way that He had me pray for. As they see people coming in the 'front door' there are also those going out the 'back door.' He had me pray for them to realize the reason for this is because they are not walking in obedience to Him. As I prayed, I thought about how harsh this was. It puts the blame on the pastor yet there are so many who seem to be trying their hardest to do everything they can to grow their church. He reassured me that I needed to pray in this manner because they need to be obedient to Him. He told me to pray for pastors to be counting "souls and not bodies." He also had me pray for them to "get their homes right" and "make restitution with loved ones." Oh my, sometimes the things God tells me are hard to think about but I am His servant and so I prayed as directed. Times like these make me "overwhelmed." The tears flow as I think of pastors who are discouraged in ministry. My heart breaks for them, their spouse, and children. Ministry can be so hard but it also can be so rewarding. Sometimes I feel like I am not doing enough in our situation. Then the Lord reminds me what I am doing by walking in obedience is enough. I pray when pastors and their families get discouraged with where they are in ministry they will think about their walk. If it is a walk of obedience, it is enough. If they are not walking in obedience, I pray they will change their path. Walking in obedience is the only way to have His peace and to be "overwhelmed" in a positive way.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for having me pray for pastors on Saturday nights. Thank You for the encouragement You gave me by reminding me what I am doing is 'enough.' Thank You for cleansing my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being my Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: