Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Daniel 3 - "Even If"


I woke up this morning singing these words...

Even if the healing doesn’t come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn’t come

My heart breaks for people who have prayed over and over again only to not have their loved ones healed while on this earth. It is hard to accept when the Lord heals people through death. It is also hard to accept when one prays and it seems like the Lord is not listening to your prayers. The nine months I went through in 2015-2016 with not being able to walk on my own were so, so hard. We prayed but healing did not occur. Life was so different during that time but the best part about it was the way the Lord took my faith deeper. I remember thinking 'if this is the way life is going to be from now on, so be it.' But then the Lord used Brother Dan Bohi to come and pray over me. That night when I walked into the church using my walker and then my cane in the sanctuary I did so with expectation. I knew the Lord was going to do something mighty. I was ready. I anticipated that night from the moment Dan called and asked if he could come. I knew the Lord would not lay it on his heart to travel from Indiana to Ohio before going to Texas for nothing. God had some awesome things in store for us that night. I prayed for everyone in the room to be healed. I knew there would be physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual needs represented. I didn't know how many would be there but I knew those who were suppose to be would be. I remember those days leading up to that service being ones of anticipation and expectation. I don't remember the amount but I know the sanctuary was moderately full. I also know many testified afterward of receiving healing. Woo hoo! That is what God desired to happen. He wanted people to anticipate and accept healing. He wanted people to get to the end of themselves so He could be greater. Were there ones in the room who did not receive healing? I don't know but I imagine there were. Why? It may not have been God's time for their healing. It doesn't mean He doesn't love them nor does it mean He plays favorites. It took nine months for me to be ready for my healing. I had lessons to learn about Him and about life. I had to learn how to go deeper in my faith before I was ready to be healed. I had to get to the point of my faith realizing no matter what happened, God loved me and was in control. When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace, they did not cave but instead had faith that their God would save them. The King wanted them to worship his gods yet they stood firm to only serve their God. That is the kind of faith that saves us from the 'fiery furnaces' the enemy puts before us. That is the kind of faith to allow open doors to healing. That is the kind of faith it takes to make one aware of just how much God loves them. That is the kind of faith it took for me to dance out of the sanctuary that night with no assistance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for the obedience of my dear brother who traveled out of his way to walk in your will. Thank You for the way You took my faith deeper during those nine months. I truly believe had I not went through that time I would not have been able to say 'yes' to Your will to come to South Carolina. Father, cleanse me today so You can fill me with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a greater way. May Your love ooze out of me so people will see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I pray for those who are asking for a healing to accept Your way and Your time of what is ahead. May You draw them closer to You so they can be ready in Your time. Thank You Jesus for being My Healer. Amen.







No comments: