Thursday, November 22, 2018

Psalm 136 - "Forever"


With today being Thanksgiving I should probably meditate on being thankful. But I don't do that just one day a year but strive to praise God for all His blessings daily. There are many things to be thankful for every day. Waking up is one of them. Having a roof over our heads and food in our bellies is another one. My husband, family and friends go up high on the list of things to be thankful for. But the greatest thing of all to be thankful for in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ. If I did not have that, I would be lost. Literally, I would be lost. Without a relationship with Him, there would be no direction in my life. There would be no GPS telling me to do a u-turn when I started down the wrong path. I found this clip art that I dearly love. This is how I strive to live life...

I want to Grow in my relationship with the Lord. As I do, I will love with more of His love. His love will ooze out of me in a way that others will desire to have Him. The way to do this is for me to Pray. The more I pray, the closer I feel with Him. I am privileged to have people ask me to pray for them. I also am privileged to have God wake me in the middle of the night to pray for people. Last night He woke me to pray for one who is in a mess in her life. The decisions she has made are not of God. She is in a deep dark hole that continues to deepen with more bad decisions. He had me pray for her to realize He is the only answer. He cannot be just a name talked about nor can He be someone to throw up a prayer just when things aren't going right. He desires to be in relationship with us 24/7. As I am in such relationship, it is easy for me to Serve. I love to serve God. I love for Him to show me how to serve others. Serving blesses me in abundance. My daily GPS encourages me to keep on keepin' on even when things get tough. It encourages me to stay on the right path by keeping my relationship with Christ strong. Using my spiritual GPS daily is the only way I can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. Woo hoo! I don't know what the future holds but I know Who does and that is all that matters. That is what I am most grateful for today.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for drawing me into relationship with You. Thank You for taking me deeper in my faith. Father, today I praise You for everything You do and are to me. I praise You for the day Doc and I had yesterday and for the day that is ahead. I praise You for being My Comfort with being so far away from family. I praise You for being My Encourager on tough days when it seems like nothing is going right. I praise You for being My Healer with the news of my latest MRI. I praise You for going before me when I have my upcoming mammogram. I praise You for who You are in my daily life. Lord, I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to find You. I pray for those who are in relationship with You yet not on the right path to follow Your GPS. Thank You Jesus for being My GPS! Amen.



No comments: