Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "Known"


The Lord impressed on me to pray for Jed, Jennifer, and their boys during the night. He didn't give me any specifics but told me to pray blessings over them. He told me to encourage them through Him. I love when He does such things. I also love when He blesses me with a nice surprise like yesterday. I thought I was going into a normal six month check-up with the neurologist but I was blessed in abundance with the news from my MRI. What showed two lesions of MS a year and a half ago is now showing only one lesion. Woo hoo, God! The neurologist said it so matter of factly that it took me a moment to comprehend. I loved the response of one friend, "So glad for the improvement! I'd say that's a pretty clear indicator that you need to double the amount of toes-in-the-sand time to get to zero." Another one commented, "That is God's Christmas present to you for your obedience." As I pondered upon these words, I thought about how since moving to South Carolina I have enjoyed so much more sunshine than I have ever experienced in my life. I also have enjoyed so much more time with the Son through the beauty of His creation. I miss my family so much. I am grateful for friends including our church family who love on me. As I started thinking today about everyone who is traveling 'home' for Thanksgiving I wanted to cry. I wish we were but circumstances were not right for such a trip. I sure hope something works out to get 'home' for Christmas no matter when that is. I have enjoyed our February 'Christmas' trips to Ohio so much. I think the grandchildren enjoy having a second Christmas just as much as I enjoy seeing them open up their presents. This morning I am praying for many who are facing a first holiday without a loved one. If I started listing everyone who had a loved one leave this earth this year, I probably would miss someone. There have been so many. Some can look back on their leaving as a blessing in the sense they were dealing with disease or health issues. Others continue to struggle with a sudden, unexpected death of their loved one. Some have experienced the 'death' through a divorce. Ones in that situation may be facing their first holiday without being with their children. I remember such days and they were some of the hardest to get through. But those days helped prepare me for the days of my boys growing up to have their own families with their own traditions. There are some families who have had 'death' in relationships. I was so blessed to have a friend tell me how a brother who had no contact for many years was coming for a visit. Restoration of relationships are such a blessing to a family. Restoration of health is also a blessing to a family. That can be physical, mental, emotional, financial but most of all spiritual. That is the best restoration of all. Today I am praying for restoration of souls who will accept Jesus as their Savior. I also am praying for those who accept Him to walk on the road of obedience as they give Him every aspect of their life. I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11-14. The Lord loves us so much. He wants to see us walk with Him. He gives us hope as we pray to Him. He answers us in the best way for us. Sometimes that is not always the answer we desire but it is the best answer. We do not have to be held captive by sin. We do not have to listen to the enemy. All we have to do is love God and allow Him to not only live in us but through us. When we do this, we will spend eternity with Him. Doing things does not get us to heaven. Loving with His love does. Love is the answer for the restoration of our spiritual bodies. Love will not bring a loved one back but it may change our marital status or a relationship with a family member. Love may not change the negative balance in the checkbook but as we love with His love there will be open doors given to us to change it. Love is the answer for all of life. His love. The more we live in His love, the more opportunities He will set before us to shower it upon others. Today I am praying for doors to be slammed shut for the enemy and opportunities for God's love to show through me in a greater way. I am reminded of these words from "Known" this morning...

How real, how wide
How rich, how high is Your heart
I cannot find the reasons why
You give me so much
I'm fully known and loved by You

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the decrease in the MS plagues. Thank You for the words of encouragement I received yesterday. Thank You for being who You are in my life. Thank You for the day that is ahead. I pray for a deeper bonding with my husband today. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You so I can love him greater. I pray for those who have lost husbands to feel Your strength throughout the tough days without them. I also pray for those who have lost loved ones to feel Your presence in their life. I think of Erin and her family as they have the memorial service for her sister today. May You be their comfort. I also pray the same for the family in the accident who lost their wife/Mommy. Sudden deaths can be so hard but they seem to hit harder around the holidays. May You be greater than their pain. Lord, today I am praying for Your wisdom in a few different situations. Thank You for always being here for me. Thank You for being The One to Love Me. Amen.


No comments: