Monday, November 19, 2018

Jeremiah 17:7-8 - "Confidence"


Monday mornings can be hard on so many people. This morning I am praying for many who are facing a day they are not sure they can get through. I'm praying they will realize they are not alone but have God's strength available to them...
  • Pastors who feel like they are a failure with their church.
  • Children in school who are treated badly by other children; are not understanding their schoolwork; are hungry from not having food over the weekend; and/or are tired from caring for siblings or working over the weekend.
  • The parent who will start again this week to find a job to support their family.
  • Those who have depression setting in with the upcoming holiday.
  • My friend with her mother's funeral today.
  • A teen who woke up to the first Monday with her sister gone from an accident.
  • A executive who feels like the weekend was not one of rest and just doesn't feel ready to tackle another work week.
  • Families trying to figure out how the bills will be paid this week; wondering if there will be enough food on the table and/or gas in the car; and hoping there is enough 'extra' for a holiday dinner.
Mondays can be so hard but so can every day. We don't always know what people are going through but we know everyone is going through something. This morning I was reminded of a song Sanctus Real sings called "Confidence." These words are ones everyone needs to hear...

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

We all have 'giants'...some are because of decisions we made without God...some are in our life to grow our faith stronger...some are of the enemy. No matter what the reason, God is greater than any giant we have. He is there for us at all times with His strength and His empowerment to crush the 'giants' in our life. I love these words...

Give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

Yes! He protected Daniel, Moses, and David because they walked with Him. He will do the same for us. We can have confidence in the knowledge that He will stand with us just as He has done for many others in the past. Part of having the "Confidence" of Him doing that comes from living in His will. There is peace in the midst of the storms of life as we take on Him and His attributes. The more we draw deeper in our faith, the more we will know He has control of the situation we are in. Will that pay all the bills or put food in our stomachs? Maybe not immediately because there are lessons to be learned in life. Will He direct our path to calm the storm we are in? Only if we are willing to walk in obedience to His Voice. Will it bring back our loved one that has passed? No but it will give us peace in knowing we will see them again. The song "Confidence" is about living a life with unshakable faith through the storms of life. It is about living in the hope of Christ as one walks the road of obedience. Life is full of disappointments. When things are not going our way, it can be hard to stay focused on God. But we must stay strong in our faith. That is the only way the enemy will not be given an open door. We can't see the big picture but God can. We have to trust Him through the storms of life. If we don't, we will lose confidence in Him and start depending upon ourselves. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for bringing many to my prayers this morning who are starting a tough day. Father, may You bless them with the knowledge You are there for them. Give them Your strength to get through these tough days. I pray for someone to be in their life who will be You to them. I pray You will cleanse me today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for opportunities to love on people today. I pray You will ooze out of me in a way that people will desire to have more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Confidence! Amen.