Sunday, November 11, 2018

II Timothy 4 - "His Strength Is Perfect"

Saturday nights...praying for pastors...God is so good! I love how He wakes me specifically to pray for pastors on Saturday nights. Although He must have known how tired I was because He only woke me twice last night to pray. He directed my prayers to pray for pastors who are 'leading their sheep astray.' Some are doing it through their preaching and some are doing it through the way they themselves are living. This morning He reminded me of Paul's final words to Timothy in II Timothy 4. In this chapter Paul encourages Timothy to keep on preaching the Gospel as God directs. He speaks of people desiring pastors to preach what they want to hear instead of what the Lord gives them. Unfortunately, some pastors are doing this. In turn, this could lead people away from God instead of leading them to Him. It is sad to hear stories of churches that are doing a lot of activities yet are not seeing spiritual growth in the people. It breaks my heart to see/hear pastors who are allowing worldly activities to be a part of not only people in leadership of their church but also in their own lives. Paul directs Timothy in verse five to, "...keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." That last part is loaded with responsibility as pastors are responsible for not only preaching the Good News but also setting the right example of how to live Christ-like. Pastors will be hit hard by the enemy to tear their ministry apart. Verses seventeen and eighteen show how God stood by Paul throughout attacks by the enemy and He will stand by all who stand with Him. Throughout the night the Lord had me pray for pastors to realize who their enemy is and to stand in His strength to not allow their enemy any open doors into their life. He had me pray for strength in their physical, emotional, mental, financial beings but most importantly in their spiritual being. He also had me pray for those with a pastor to pray for them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for the privilege to pray for pastors. Thank You for bringing II Timothy 4 before me. Father, I pray all pastors will get to the end of themselves so You can truly work in and through them in the manner You so desire. I pray a cleansing in my soul so You can use me as You desire. More of You and less of me is my prayer. May people see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. I'm physically tired but I pray that does not cloud over my spiritual being. May I not miss any opportunity You put before me throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.


No comments: