Friday, November 30, 2018

Isaiah 43:19 - "Where Are You Christmas?"


When I was woke up during the night, the words to a song Faith Hill sings was going through my mind. These words continued for the rest of the night and are still with me this morning. 

Where are you Christmas 
Why can't I find you 
Why have you gone away 
Where is the laughter 
You used to bring me 
Why can't I hear music play 

As I prayed during the night I thought of so many people who may be struggling with the upcoming holiday. I prayed for...
  • Many who will have their first Christmas without a loved one and those who will experience maybe the second, fifth, twentieth, however long it has been since their loved one left this earth.
  • The young pastor and his wife as they deal with not being continued with their church after the two year review.
  • The young pastor and his wife who recently accepted a call and are to move within the next month yet he has spent more days in the hospital than not with an unknown illness.
  • Those struggling with treatments for cancer and other diseases.
  • Those dealing with family members with dementia, alzheimer's, etc.
  • Parents who don't have 'extra' money to buy Christmas for their children and some who are struggling to even put food on the table.
  • Separated and/or divorced couples and their families.
  • Families who are in turmoil; some members of the family not speaking to one another.
  • Newborn Beckett who is in NICU and his family.
  • Those who are away from family for the holiday, especially our military.
  • Sherry and her family with the diagnosis of her father's kidney cancer.
  • Those with family members chained to addictions.
As I was praying, the Lord reminded me of praises to raise to Him...
  • Roberta with having clear scans...no cancer!
  • Brian's Mom and Donna with no cancer showing from their medical tests!
  • Judy's sister-in-law Karen is off the ventilator and may go home today!
  • Valerie with successful back surgery!
  • Peggy's doctor was able to get more of the brain tumor out than he anticipated and she was awake talking after surgery!
  • The 'secret Santa' gift Ally received for Christmas!
  • Little Aiya who will be celebrating her first Christmas!
  • Dale's blood counts being good this week!
  • My Momma having a good check-up with the heart doctor!
We must remember to praise God through the storms of life. As we praise Him, He will bless us with joy that does not make sense. He loves us in abundance and wants to show us that love. Too many times we allow the enemy to get in the way. Sometimes we desire to focus on ourselves instead of Him. When we do, we miss so many blessings. We must all make the choice to choose joy in order to receive it. This is a daily decision that must be made. If we do not, then we will be singing songs such as this one wondering where Christmas is. No one knows what today or tomorrow will bring other than the Lord. It takes trusting Him and believing with faith He will not only get you through the circumstances ahead but will bless you through them. I pray for those who are hurting to find 'Christmas' again. He has never left, even in the storms of life. His love will soothe the pains of this world in a way nothing else can.

I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You will give me today with so little sleep last night. Thank You for the privilege to pray for so many people. Thank You for the joy You give me through the storms of life. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today to be who You desire me to be. I pray for others to pray this same way. I pray for more people to let go of self and allow You to work in and through them. Lord, enable me to remember praises even when there are so many requests. I pray You will also enable me to remember the true reason for the season is Your birth. May those who are struggling remember this too. Thank You Jesus for being My Christmas. Amen.

No comments: