Sunday, November 18, 2018

Joshua 1 - "Known"

I was so tired when I went to bed last night I was afraid I would sleep through the night and not wake to pray for pastors. So I prayed for them asking God to be with each one as they go into the pulpit. He brought to my mind to pray for those who are waking in worldly ways instead of His ways. He told me to pray for those who are not preaching what He desires but instead are leading their people astray. My heart broke when He told me to pray that way. Why would a pastor be doing that? How can a pastor be listening to the enemy instead of God? What would make them not be in relationship to the point they could not hear Him or choose to not follow what He says? We discussed pastors leaving not only the ministry but being in relationship with God in our Bible study Wednesday night. I was shocked to what point this has got in our society. It sure doesn't make sense yet when you see how the enemy is working in laity it does make sense he would work on pastors double time. I prayed for pastors to not let the enemy win but instead to dig their heels into a deeper faith. He did wake me once during the night to pray for one specific pastor. He is currently serving as a youth pastor but feeling inadequate in his call. The Lord had me pray for him to be willing to do as God is asking of him. God told me to pray for him to realize just how much He loves him and "wants to see Him prosper in Kingdom work." Sometimes we all feel like we are not good enough. We need to realize God created us and loves us. He does not create junk. As we live for Him and fulfill the desires of His heart, we will always be good enough. When we fall or do things out of what He desires, it doesn't change the way He feels about us. He still loves us. This morning the song "Known" is going through my mind.

I'm fully known and loved by You
You won't let go no matter what I do
And it's not one or the other
It's hard truth and ridiculous grace
To be known fully known and loved by You
I'm fully known and loved by You

"Fully known" means He knows what is before us and how we should react to it. He gives us freewill which can deter our path when we allow the enemy to win. When we do so, He doesn't quit loving us. Instead He loves us back into His will. He won't push Himself on us but He will love on us. I praise His Holy Name for being the loving God He is. I am praying this morning for pastors to not allow their present circumstances to give the enemy an open door but instead to stand up and be the men and women God has called us to be. I am reminded of the wise words given to Joshua after Moses' death. God told Joshua, "Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; mediate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful (Joshua 1:8). He continued in verse nine...


We are never alone no matter what our circumstances are. Sometimes road blocks are put before us by God to see how we will react. Sometimes they are put before us by the enemy because he wants to pull us away from God. People are watching believers to see how they handle tough situations. Pastors are really watched by people. We all must be in His Word daily so we can stand strong in our faith, not allow any open doors for the enemy, and set the right example for others. When God gives us direction, we need to follow it a 't'. The Israelites followed Joshua's directions with the promise they would follow him just as they did Moses. They knew in their hearts Joshua would not lead them astray. People in our congregations need to have the same faith in us. If we are 'wishy-washy' in our walk with God, they will be too. If we show signs of our faith failing, theirs will too. If we are discouraged in our present situation, that feeling will come over them too. But if we are "strong and courageous" they will take on the same attributes no matter what is happening in life. That is hard to do when a pastor and church are knocked down over and over again. But God is always there. He may just want to see what the reaction will be to such 'junk' or He may desire to see what it will take to work through it. No matter what, He is always there. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time of praying for pastors last night. Thank You for bringing one in particular to my mind. Father, I also pray for a pastor who will soon be interviewing in a new church. I pray for him to follow Your Voice in the direction he goes. I also pray for a pastor who is battling disease in her body to feel Your strength as she continues to lead her flock. Lord, there are many pastors discouraged. I pray for them to feel Your presence. I pray for pastors who are embarking on some big plans You have given them for their people. Bless their efforts as they continue to listen to and follow You. Lord, I pray for an abundance of Your supernatural empowerment over all pastors today. I especially pray this over my husband and I as we continue the battle before us. Cleanse us so You can fill us. May You be our words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for strength not only in our physical bodies but in our emotional, mental, financial and especially our spiritual bodies. thank You Jesus for being Our Strength! Amen.

No comments: