Monday, November 12, 2018

James 1:2-4 - "Blessings"



God woke me at 3:30 to pray for a dear lady. Ellen had surgery a week or so ago to have cancer removed. There were some complications that put her in ICU with a ventilator to help her breathe. The vent has finally been taken off but the last I heard she is still in ICU. Ellen has had some tough things to deal with in life but praise God she knows Him and relies on His strength. After praying for her, God reminded me there are many going through tough days that are not in relationship with Him. Some 'know' Him yet do not really 'know' Him. They know of Him yet have either not taken the step to allow Him into their heart or they have taken that step yet refuse to take the step of allowing Him to have complete control over their lives. When He has not been given free reign in our life, we are not empowered by the Holy Spirit to have His strength to get through tough situations. When we are not empowered by the Holy Spirit, we cannot receive His peace to the fullest capacity available. His peace is what allows 'tough' days to be 'livable' days. His peace comes when we get to the end of ourselves. God reminded me this morning of how one who lives in His empowerment sees life differently. Those who live in this manner can see 'tough' days as "Blessings" as they live in His strength and in His peace.

'Cause what if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near 
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Yes! Life can be very hard, especially when dealing with situations that seem like they will not end. We pray and sometimes God chooses to not answer us right away. Sometimes the answer He gives is not the one we desire. But we must remember that He knows best. He will give us exactly what we need, exactly when we need it. It takes trusting and having faith in Him. It takes being patient and digging our heels in a little deeper as we seek His will. I have been praying for a few years for a situation. I have not seen an answer yet. I continue to pray for wisdom on what to do in this situation. Sometimes I begin to think I have missed something God has told me yet I refuse to give up. I know God has a plan and I also know there is a reason for this situation not being resolved. I believe it is something I need to learn or there is something I need to have a greater faith in that is causing resolution to not happen. My heart breaks yet I must not give up. God loves me and desires me to feel His love and the love of others. I know that in my heart but sometimes the hurt is so deep that the enemy tries to blind me from God. I refuse to allow that to happen. I will not give up praying. I will not allow the enemy an open door. I will stand in faith that God will heal this relationship.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly that You answer my prayers. Sometimes they are answered in ways I have not prayed for. Sometimes You answer them in timing that is not what I desire. But You always answer them and that is what is so special in our relationship. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I desire to take my faith deeper today in a whole new way. I pray You will open doors for me to share You with others. I pray for Ellen today to see improvement in her physical body. May You be her strength not only physically but also emotionally, mentally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I pray peace over her and her family throughout these tough days. Thank You Jesus for the encouragement You gave me yesterday in many ways. May Your encouragement continue in the days ahead. Thank You for being My Source of Hope! Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I came across your blog as I was searching for a visual of a Psalm. I connected with your words of encouragement. Thanks for making it available to those who are seeking a loving and merciful God.