Sunday, November 25, 2018

II Thessalonians 1:11-12 - "No Matter What"


I started my Saturday night out praying for pastors for boldness in their preaching. When the Lord woke me up, the same prayer was on my heart along with prayers for those who would be hearing sermons today. The Lord told me to pray specifically for the Holy Spirit to be allowed into services. He told me there are some pastors frustrated with how the people are not allowing the Holy Spirit to work in and through them. He had me pray for those pastors to not give up. He also brought to my prayers a pastor who is going through a time of prayer about changing churches. Once again He had me pray this pastor would listen to Him. Another set of pastors He brought to my prayers are interim pastors. They have a tough task in their ministry. Sometimes there is a lot of hurt they must deal with in a church who has lost their pastor. A lot of times there is great financial strain on the church they are ministering to. There is a delicate balance of not getting attached to the people yet loving with Jesus' love. God had me pray for blessings of strength for them. Once again He had me pray for them to listen to Him. A common theme throughout the night was listening to God. There really is no other way to live other than in communion with Him. When one is in communion with Him, they will live out His strength, be empowered by the Holy Spirit, and live for eternity with their Heavenly Father. I love Saturday nights of praying for pastors. The Lord knew I was physically exhausted last night and gave me an extended time of praying before going to sleep and then waking me only once. I am His willing servant and will do what He calls upon me to do but I sure appreciated the sleep I had. I also appreciate the way He encourages me during 'bleak' times. A friend sent me an article about missionaries in Africa who had not seen anyone come to Christ for a decade. There was question on whether to keep them there or not. They were given some encouragement to set up a communion set. I'm sure they thought that was a crazy thing to do with no Christians but they did with great faith. The result was six people coming into relationship with the Lord within days of their obedience. We must never give up sharing God's love with others. Doubt is an open door for the enemy to pounce in. It is imperative we stay in close relationship with God so we can not only hear His voice but follow it. It is also imperative for our faith to not be stagnate but to grow. It is through our faith we will be able to "keep on keepin' on" as we do His work. The one time the Lord woke me to pray He had "No Matter What" going through my mind. He has had this song with me throughout the week so I know there is great things for me to receive from it not only for myself but for others.

No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what

Pastors need to remember these words for themselves and to share with others. God does not give up on any of us. No matter what our circumstances, what people do against us, the words people speak over us, or what people think of us God loves us. Even when others do not show love toward us, He loves us. We must never forget that but instead bask in His love and draw strength from Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Saturday nights of praying for pastors. Lord, I pray not only for pastors but for the people who will hear them today. I pray all will have open ears to You. I pray for walks of obedience in everyone's lives. Father, cleanse me today so You can fill me to overflowing. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day so people will see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for these words of encouragement from my friend this morning. Lord, I pray seeds we are sowing and nurturing will have growth seen soon. I pray for doors that need opened with the building rehab to be opened soon. Lord, may You be greater than financial and contractor issues before us. May it soon be Your time for this project to move forward. Until it does, I pray for encouragement for all of us. I pray against the enemy having any open doors in this situation. Be greater, Lord. Be greater. Thank You Jesus for being The One to Love Us. Amen.

No comments: