Tuesday, November 13, 2018

I Peter 1 - "You Say"


The Lord woke me up at 1:30 and had me praying for a half hour for the lost. My heart breaks to see people who were raised in Christian homes walking without the Lord. I can't begin to imagine how their parents must feel. I know of situations where home life was not as it seemed so they are blaming God. There are also situations where parents seemed 'too strict' and it pushed children to rebel as they became adults. There are also situations I know of where the parents were not walking the walk of faith as the children were growing up so they have no experience with it. No matter what the situation is, my heart breaks to see people not living with God. Why do people choose the ways of the world over God's way? A lot of times it is because they have never been taught God's way. That is why it is so important for those walking with God to share Him. It is crucial we show others His love through our words, actions, and attitude. It is so important for people to see us living for Him and not in the ways of the world. When one accepts Him into their heart, they receive initial sanctification. They are 'set apart' as His child. They know He will be with them no matter is going on in life. As they grow in their faith, they will desire to have Him be in control of every aspect of their life. They will not only hear His voice but they will listen and walk in obedience. No longer will it be their will to follow but it will be His will. At that point, they will be entirely sanctified. A life such as this is one where His peace and His strength is realized in a whole new way. I am grateful for such a life. There is no better place to live than in His presence 24/7. It is there where I found my faith growing deeper. As I was praying, the Lord brought these words to my mind from the song "You Say"...

You say I am loved
When I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong
When I think I am weak
You say I am held
When I am falling short
When I don't belong
You say I am Yours
And I believe
I believe
What You say of me
I believe 


Yes! The world tries to keep us living their ways by telling us lies. They tell us we are not good enough or we won't be happy without this or that if we turn to Jesus. We are to told we need to be the one in charge of our life. They tell us life with God won't be any fun. All of these things are lies from the enemy. He does not want us to follow God. He desires to keep us under his control. God lifts us up by encouraging us with His words. He encourages us by the words of others. I love this song that shows no matter what comes our way, He is there to uplift us. We just have to believe in Him, what He says, and what He gives others to say to us. The more we believe, the deeper our faith will go, and the more we will trust Him. Taking the first step in this belief is necessary if we want to live as He desires. He wants all to walk in a life of holiness where we seek His will instead of our own. It means dying to self so He can live in and through us. The second part of I Peter 1 shows we need to walk in obedience so we will be ready for Jesus' return. Taking the step of accepting Jesus into our heart is the beginning of a new life. He works in us to make changes in our daily habits. He will draw us closer in relationship with Him until we get to the point of living as He desires as we allow Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me to pray for those who are not walking with You. Thank You for bringing different situations to my mind to pray for specifically. Father, cleanse me today so You will be seen and heard through my words, actions, and attitude. I pray for Your supernatural strength as my physical body is so tired. Lord, be greater than whatever is put before me throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My 24/7! Amen.

No comments: