Saturday, November 10, 2018

Ezekiel 3 - "Limitless"

The Lord took me to Ezekiel again this morning, specifically to chapter three. In this chapter it speaks of Ezekiel eating the Scroll and the result of this action. God told him to eat it and enjoy it. We all need to 'eat' the Word of God. We need to enjoy the process and do it daily. There will be enjoyment in the process. There also will be spiritual growth as we 'eat' it. I have been questioning my call to preach ever since I received it. It does not make sense to me but I continue to walk in the path He has set before me. How can I preach when that is Doc's responsibility in our church? Where am I to preach? But today God has confirmed my call through this Scripture. In the first eleven verses of Ezekiel 3 we see how he was to receive God's Word as food for his soul. He was to feed on it by faith. This action would strengthen his spiritual life just as food strengthens our physical body. Ezekiel was to tell people what God laid on his heart. He was warned people may not listen to him but yet he was to carry on as God directed. In the next ten verses we see Ezekiel grieved over the way people chose a life of sin over a life with God. He was told if he did not share the Good News he would be held responsible. Verses sixteen through nineteen read:

16 At the end of seven days the word of the Lord came to me: 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.

These words are straight-forward in what Ezekiel was told. I believe they are also words given to me this morning by the Lord. Matthew Henry writes of these verses:

We are not only to encourage and comfort those who appear to be righteous, but they are to be warned, for many have grown high-minded and secure, have fallen, and even died in their sins. Surely then the hearers of the gospel should desire warnings, and even reproofs.

The last six verses of this chapter encourage me to speak boldly what God has given me to say. Henry writes, "When the Lord opened Ezekiel's mouth, he was to deliver his message boldly, to place life and death, the blessing and the curse, before the people, and leave them to their choice." God wants everyone to live for Him but until people get to the end of themselves they will choose the ways of the world instead of Him. I am not responsible for their decisions. I am only responsible for presenting Him to them at the time He presents the  opportunity to do so. Woo hoo! Once again, I do not understand the particulars of how and where I will be preaching but I know I will be. Praise His Holy Name for continuing to call me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this call You have placed on my life. Thank You for being with me through these years of study. It is so hard to believe I am down to just two classes and the Supervised Ministry Experience. Wow, God!  You are so awesome! Father, continue to encourage me on this path. I pray You will give me physical, mental, emotional, financial and most of spiritual strength throughout the days ahead. Cleanse me today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. Lord, I pray a special prayer today for Ethan and his bride as they exchange vows. Bless them in abundance as they begin this walk of marriage with You in the center. Thank You Jesus for continuing to bless them in their spiritual lives. Thank You for continuing to bless me in my spiritual life. Thank You for being My Director! Amen.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DR WALE, vreau să-ți mulțumesc pentru tot binele pe care l-ai făcut familiei mele. Părinții mei întâmpinau dificultăți în a-și găsi echilibrul, dar nimic nu părea să funcționeze pentru ei. S-au separat, iar acest lucru a fost extrem de greu pentru noi, copiii. Ne doream să-i vedem din nou împreună, așa că am apelat la DR WALE, deoarece el o ajutase pe sora mea să-și salveze căsnicia atunci când avea probleme cu soțul ei. Așadar, l-am contactat pe DR WALE pentru a vedea dacă ne poate reuni părinții. Când am luat legătura cu el, ne-a întrebat de cât timp erau separați părinții noștri. I-am spus că de șase ani. A zis că asta nu e o problemă. După ce totul a fost finalizat, am descoperit că cea mai bună prietenă a mamei noastre fusese cea care făcuse tot posibilul ca părinții noștri să nu mai fie împreună. Dar, datorită lui Dr. Wale, părinții noștri sunt în sfârșit din nou împreună. Acum suntem uniți ca o familie mare. Dacă părinții tăi sunt divorțați și vrei să se împace, Dr. Wale este persoana potrivită pe care să o contactezi. Îl poți contacta pe Dr. Wale prin WhatsApp sau Viber la +2347054019402 ori prin e-mail la drwalespellhome@gmail.com