Friday, November 9, 2018

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "Not Today"


I woke up during the night and again this morning praying for those who are facing a tough day today. I prayed God would be their strength in the time of turmoil. I asked Him to give them His peace as they face various issues in life. I prayed most of all for spiritual issues that were represented in these dear ones.
  • Debbie as the ventilator is taken off of her husband.
  • A friend who is dealing with cancer returning in her mother.
  • Ellen who was put back on the ventilator.
  • Another friend whose father is showing signs of prostate cancer and refusing to be checked out.
  • Another friend who is dealing with a realization in her spiritual life and confused.
  • Another friend with a doctor appointment for her knee.
  • A couple with intense marital issues.
  • Billie as she deals with everything that happens the day after chemo.
  • Little Richie and his family as he battles a virus/infection.
  • One who is battling addiction and feeling like it is worthless to keep trying.
  • One in the first stages of dementia who is facing surgery.
  • Jeremy's family who are facing another set of holidays without him on this earth. Mike and Jane's families who are facing their first holidays without their loved one.
  • Tristan who is autistic and can't understand why he has to rest with a tear in his stomach.
  • A classmate's family as they have her memorial service tomorrow.
I am so thankful for the ones on my prayer list that are in relationship with the Lord. My heart breaks for those who are not. I pray today will be the day someone will say or do something to open their hearts to Him. It won't take their issues away but it will give them hope. He will bathe them in His peace as they look to Him for guidance. Sometimes I myself have to stop and take a step back to see how God is working in and through my circumstances just to realize He is always there for me. There are some tough days yet He is glorified when I put His will first. His plans are what I desire for my life. His will is where I want to walk in obedience. Oh how I pray for more of His for presence in my life so this can be accomplished more. I pray for more of a desire to be in His Word and praying. I pray for more of Him to take over in me. I desire to be Christ-like in a way that people will see/hear Him instead of me. May I become less and and be more of Him. I love the words to "Not Today" that were brought to me this morning...

I'll sing the night into the morning
I'll sing the fear into Your praise
I'll sing my soul into Your presence
Whenever I say Your Name
Let the devil know not today
Whenever I say Your Name 
Jesus
Let the devil know not today
Not now not ever again

The enemy is working overtime on this earth but I refuse to let him win in my life. I get tired of fighting him but then the Lord reminds of Jeremiah 29:11-14. As I pray and seek Him, He will protect me. That does not mean He will give me a 'perfect life' but it means He will guide me through whatever comes my way. We all need 'bumps in the road' while on this earth so we our faith will grow stronger and our trust in Him will grow deeper. This is the only way to spend eternity with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the promise of Jeremiah 29:11-14! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for being with each of these ones I've prayed for! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Father, I desire to walk in obedience to Your will. I know the only way for this to happen is to die to self so You can be alive in me. May it be so. Thank You Jesus for being My Future! Amen.

1 comment:

Aritha said...

Amen. I pray with you today, for a little time.