Saturday, December 1, 2018

Luke 1:29; Luke 2:19 - "Grown-up Christmas Wish"



I woke this morning singing...

No more lives torn apart,
Then wars would never start
and time would heal the heart
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end, oh
This is my grown-up Christmas list.

Yes! That would be a world that was full of Jesus! It would be a world where there would no longer be strife and bickering. It would be a perfect world. It would be a world that will never happen on this earth but it will happen in heaven. My heart grieves over people who are choosing this world over heaven. The things of this world are temporary. They may give pleasure for the moment but not for long. 'Stuff' may make a person happy but that happiness won't last. Jesus will last. He will be there now and forever. His love will enable us to get through rough times here on this earth. It also will enable us to live in His love forever. Forever is a long time. It comes beyond our comprehension but we must remember the only way to live forever is to live for Him now. Our children need taught this now. They need to know the true meaning of Christmas. It is fine for them to have the fun of Santa Claus but they also must know about a life with Jesus. Gift giving is fun and a big part of Christmas but the greatest gift ever given was Jesus Christ. He is the reason we celebrate or I should say He is the reason we SHOULD celebrate. I see a world of children being raised without Jesus. It still blows me away that ninety-five percent of children in our county are unchurched. Lord, help us! I think of how God spoke to Mary about the birth of Jesus through the Angel Gabriel. She wondered about how things would come to be as he told her. But God worked everything out just as she was told. I think of January 2016 which I was putting away Christmas decorations. I asked God if I would be putting them back up in that house next Christmas. He replied, "you will be putting them up in South Carolina." I kept that to myself for a few weeks, unsure of how everything would work out. I still wonder how everything is going to work out but I am no longer fretful about the outcome because I trust Him each day.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for giving us this area to share Your love! Thank You for giving direction and strength on where to go, what to do, and especially how to love on people. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. Use me today in a new, different way. May You shine through me brightly. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Christmas! Amen.

 m

No comments: