Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Romans 8:12-14 - "If We've Ever Needed You"

I woke up this morning to a song Casting Crowns sings called "If Ever We Needed You" and immediately was overcome with sadness for people in my little world who are pretending to be right with God. It use to be that I would be upset with people who called themselves Christians yet blatantly don't live such a life because they give Christians a bad name but now it goes deeper than that. I am truly fearful for their eternity. In our Bible study last night as we completed Hebrews there was a question asking what one thing we learned from the study. For me it was I need to love deeper with Jesus' love. When I encounter people who are choosing to live in the world instead of with the Lord (even though they profess to be His follower), I need to love them with His love to bring them into a deeper walk with Him. His love needs to flow greater from me so people see and hear Him in me. His love needs to ooze out of me so people will desire to have His peace as I do during the storms of life. His love needs to be a constant in me so people will desire what they see me living out.

Paul teaches in Romans 8 about the importance of dying to self. Verses twelve through fourteen capture what each and every follower of Christ need to do...


In order to get to the point where we need to be we first must acknowledge Him and then surrender to Him every aspect of our life. The words in this song show what needs to happen for everyone. We must reach out for Him and allow Him to guide us. If we don't take the step of surrender to Him, we will not have life with Him for eternity. We must go beyond being saved.

If we've ever needed You, Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now, 
We are desperate for Your hand, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out, we're reachin' out 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our study on Hebrews. Last night was another 'last' that was hard. Our small group has been together for years and have studied many books of the Bible and topics. Father, bless these ones in our group. I pray they will continue to seek more of You. Lord, today will be another 'last' as I meet Sister Diane and Julie for lunch. I pray You will bless our time together. Then today our 'last' Wednesday night with our Willard Naz family. Goodness, so many 'last' but I know our time of 'first' are getting closer. I pray for more of You in me as my physical body is tired I do not want to miss an any opportunity You put before me. Enable me to love with Your love in a deeper way. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Am Surrendered To. Amen.

No comments: